Too Much Empathy

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find myself trapped I dont know what to do.
I read all the stories about cats and other animals in trouble, I have no means to help them. what can I do, as a low income person to help?.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can volunteer your time. If you have spare hours, help out at a shelter. If yo have time but only at times the shelter is closed, contact some rescue groups and ask if you can help doing paperwork, reviewing adoption applications, or anything like that you can do in your free time.

There are many things you can do without spending money.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As mentioned give time, give a bag of food or if able a case of wet if used , ask who their vet is and put a few dollars on their account if allowed , if you can drive offer to help transport if they dont or to get cats from one shelter to another

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Volunteer! Find a local shelter on www.petfinder.com and call around to see if they need someone to help with adoptions, fostering, cleaning,etc. Volunteers are an invaluable resource to shelters and rescues!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I find myself trapped I dont know what to do.
I read all the stories about cats and other animals in trouble, I have no means to help them. what can I do, as a low income person to help?.
Excuse me, but my siggy tells you what you can do. Volunteer some time at your local rescue center. I and one other person (woman of course) takes care of the cats which are now up to 11. Mostly it is just giving the cats the love they so much need. That is something you can do and will cost you nothing. Just a little of your time.