Tongue Mass

Hume

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 15 year old cat was just diagnosed with age tongue mass
X-ray and labs to me done to see if growth can be slowed
Bx is an option Vet to research
Drooling was the symptom took him to the vet in June teeth were fine. Currently maintaining wt
History
On Thyroid med For a year to help w food cravings and throwing up Initial thyroid level was in normal range Med brought the level down helped w throwing up and food obsession
Sweet sweet mail tabby
Any feedback would be helpful

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello
When will the vet be able to tell you more about the mass? Removal isn't an option?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hume

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Removal is not an option as it’s on the back of the tongue. Full labs have not come back but CBC is showing inflammation/infection. Can do a biopsy As an oncologist would want to know what the biopsy states before any kind of treatment if there is a treatment available. But Vet is concerned that biopsy could impact when I asked and possibly cause issues but he can do it and would be very careful. It’s just in a bad location Radiation is not an option. He states it’s genetics or history of trauma and age. Is neutrophils in minor sites are up. He thinks maybe he has weeks. But the cat came home asking for food. Happy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness. Let us know what transpires, we're keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oral masses are always a reason for concern, so I'd be taking photos of the mass every day or every other day to see if it changes in shape, color, size.
My cat (picture in my profile) developed a mass under her tongue, and I realized when I found a tiny drop of blood in her dish, though I had signal before, when she had difficulties eating her dry food, she would drop a kibble every now and then.