To my boy Casper...

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It has been a difficult few months. After Nico passed last month, we noticed Casper was feeling ill. Then he became jaundice. We tried everything under the sun, but ultimately at age 18 we found out he had gone into liver failure. He was the last of our original three cats, and I truly believe he just did not want to be here without his brothers, Sonny and Nico. 😔❤

To my boy Casper, you were the gentleman of the bunch. You ALWAYS had the last word, you loved cheese, and you love your "fishes" (toys). I will miss coming down the stairs in the morning, only to be greeted by you as you slept in your bed in from of the heater vent. I will miss your snuggles, and you stark white fluffy fur.
I hope you are at peace now, reaking havoc running around with your brothers. It was so hard to let you go, but I knew you would be happier on the other side. Until we meet again, play frolic and cuddle with your brothers. ❤

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Casper clearly lived a charmed life with you for all those years and you allowed him to pass in peace and with respect when he was no longer able to continue. Hopefully the memories that accompany all those wonderful pictures will bring you peace over time.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
18! Wow that is remarkable, and says a lot about your ability to care for cats. He looked like quite a character, and it is wonderful to know he shared so much love with his brothers, and with you. Thank you for taking such good care of them all.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Casper, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I suspect you know this but I will say it anyway. The deepest Truth I know is that love never dies. It is translated and purified into Love, and it continues on. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Casper sends his Love back to you, to walk beside you down through all your days, just as Sonny and Nico have already done. And those Loves will remain until you rejoin them in the fullness of time. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pray you can find some comfort that he is reunited with his precious Sonny and Nico. It is so hard to accept the fact that they are gone from our lives, but the love we have for them is spiritual, so eternal, so it goes on for as long as we live. We hold that love in our souls forever....
That precious boy is at peace because he has your love too in his heart. He had a wonderful, long life, giving you a lifetime of memories to hold dear. Though the sadness will prevail for a time, life will keep on going and eventually, the dawn will bring happiness and beauty once more. As he would want for someone he loves so very much. As you would have wanted for him if you were the first to go.
so for now grieve the loss of him from your world, but know he left you something so important, he gave you his love. And a cat's love is one of this world's treasures indeed.
My heart goes out to you, I like to recite a line I learned long ago at times like these. "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".......RIP precious Casper. You will always be remembered, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A wonderful snowball, no doubt.
I'm so sorry for your terrible loss after so many years together.
I know how sick he might have felt with that liver failure, so, despite losing him is undoubtedly really painful for all of you, likewise it is undoubtedly fair to let him go where he can feel better and play with his brothers again.
He hasn't left you, he's still there with you, as Nico and Sonny are.

Be strong, he wouldn't like to see you in pain.
RIP Casper, you left a big void in your mom's life.

lesleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BellaBlue, I'm so, so sorry. I can picture Casper looking up at you from his heater vent adjacent bed, saying "good morning" and scurrying around the house, from the love you show in your writing. Your devotion to him and his brothers truly was boundless. He was a beautiful boy.

It doesn't matter if Casper was 8, 18 or 25 years old, if we knew or if it was sudden. It rips the heart and soul apart the same way. Sending you love and gentle purrs and thinking of Casper, Nico and Sonny playing and getting into mischief on the other side, where we will someday go to.
Lesleigh