To all Nook owners...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Barnes and Noble has discounted the Grumpy Cat book, "A Grumpy Book" to $1.99 for the e-book version. I don't know how long it will be on sale, so hurry. A must-have book for all cat lovers.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just took a quick peek on Amazon and it's also on sale for the Kindle!  $1.99.  It looks like it might be a better book for the Kindle fire than the traditional one?  I'll have to look again later when I have time to sit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw that, too. But you beat me to posting it. This is a book that you want to have a color Nook or Kindle or iPad. E-ink technology is great for plain text, but pictures need a nice color screen.

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are books under $2.99 all the time at B&N. I think Amazon has a $2.99 bin also. Yep, just checked and they have quite a few for $3.99 and under.

My 'unofficial' Secret Santa gave me a B&N Gift Card that I have used to buy a lot of inexpensive books. Thank you again, whoever you are.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoy browsing the books they have deals on and the free books.  Even if it's just a novella; I've read some great ones!  I don't have the time to read like I used to so it's great to get through a story at a quicker pace instead of staying up all night.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just took a quick peek on Amazon and it's also on sale for the Kindle!  $1.99.  It looks like it might be a better book for the Kindle fire than the traditional one?  I'll have to look again later when I have time to sit. :)

I saw that, too. But you beat me to posting it. This is a book that you want to have a color Nook or Kindle or iPad. E-ink technology is great for plain text, but pictures need a nice color screen.
I downloaded a free sample, and a regular Kindle (Paperwhite) definitely doesn't do it justice.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A regular Kindle or Nook is wonderful for just plain text. They have a battery life that is long enough you can read a lot, but pictures and web browsing require the color screen. Barnes and Noble has a lot of 'graphic novels' (comic books) for free and I have been downloading quite a few. On my Nook First Edition, they would be terrible, but the Nook Color makes them look like a glossy print copy of the magazine.

Thank goodness my brother looks at a lot of things on e-bay and bought me both the First Edition and the Color.