To All No-name Cats Crossing The Bridge On Streets

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today a no-name stray grey kitty crossed the Bridge on street, in front of me.

I will skip the details.

In wilderness, the Cat's last breath on Earth is part of the game, so nothing painful. In the case of Cats who got names form they human companions, ending the path on Earth is seconded by love, so eventually accepted. In case of feral Cats last journey, I cant rise my head to look into the reason of all things.

At least I can give that kitty a name: Cloud be his/her name.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cloud it is..... and I pray that the prayers and love directed towards that precious little soul are accepted and bring peace.
Thank you for your wisdom, and for comforting that sweet baby by bestowing the gift of your love and a name. And to bring this to our attention so that we too may all send comfort. I offer a prayer for all the unnamed, for all the unloved, to find both , and to have everlasting peace..... RIP precious Cloud!

Pook

Litterbox Queen
Young Cat
Purraise
RIP.

I believe all unwanted, abused, and euthanized little ones will cross the bridge, and be picked up by us.

While it's our time to cross, we will see others who are unloved and unwanted, and we will meet with ours and also take a bunch of the unloved and unwanted with us, to give them finally the love of a human.

When I get there, I'll grab you, little Cloud.

Purrs
Pook

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something similar happened on the street behind our house about 10 years ago. A gray cat with no collar got hit by a car. :ohwell:

I buried this likely stray kitty under a pine tree in our backyard. I named her Mittens. RIP little one. See you on the other side :hugs: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121
My inner tears to Mittens. You are so kind to give her a name.

valou999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This couldn't be more relevant to what happened to me today... Seeing dead cats by the side of the road is the absolute end of me. Wild animal roadkill I can handle, though it still saddens me, but cats... It's like my heart gets ripped out of my chest, I just weep. I use a pretty rural road to go to work and inevitably see a lot of dead animals and always dread seeing a cat among them. People living on that road just let their pets roam freely (grrrr) so it happens on occasion. But today I saw one on a relatively busy street in my hometown and was not expecting it. I don't know how it wand up there. I think it was a fairly young cat, white and orange... Needless to say it ruined my day, but I feel worse for the poor thing. Maybe it had a loving family of people somewhere, and they may never find out what happened to their beloved pet. I'm just dying inside... I'm calling him or her Milo. RIP little Milo, I didn't know you but what I do know is that you didn't deserve to go so quickly and in such a way... I wish I could've done something for you.

Goodnight, for those who can catch some sleep... I know I won't.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RIP Milo sweetheart, you are now where there is no pain, only sunshine, lots of good food, toys to chase, and love :rbheart:

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
RIP Cloud. I live in a rural area and came across something similar just last week. It was really heartbreaking. I was in the passenger seat of the car and thankfully the driver was going too fast for me to get too close of a look. I've become even more more sensitive to seeing animal related death. I didn't think that was possible. You are so kind to give that cat a name. Also Pook Pook , your words are so gentle and full of compassion. They really touched me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind rows and thoughts!

+++

I am a huge fan of the "do something" statement.

So I am thinking what can be done to avoid such events.

There are "bears tunnels" in some part of the world and "frog tunnels" - to help animals to safely cross the streets.

My idea: take the street bumps (the ones that limits the car speeds) - could they be shaped in such a way to become a "cat pass"? Cats like to move along walls or linear obstacles, why not use this behavior the help them crossing the streets while also prevent excessive speed?

This is not the place to discuss things like this, I know, but I am prepared to start a thread in the correct place. I put it here because seems like here are the persons who are aware about this danger.

Needless to say, working this out is a matter of public hygiene as well (sad but true).

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I found a young tiny girl dead in a hidden spot of the huge park around the place where I work.
The only thing I could do for her was to dig a small grave and bury her in a quiet place, and say a little prayer for her...
That poor thing was about 4 weeks old, it was so unfair :(
Before giving her her deserved spot to rest I took some photos of her. I always take photos of the dead animals I find on the road. My thought is that no-one must leave this Earth without leaving a memory of them.
:(