Tired Of Cleaning His Bottom

Desbigard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a rescue kitty, a Maine coon, last week. He has tummy trouble with all day diarrhea. The vets have seen him and have assured me it's a parasite and it isn' harming him, he will get his second dewormer in a couple days and it should clear up.
But I have to clean the diarrhea off his bottom, and his long hair, several times a day. Every morning before I even het breakfast I wash his butt in the bath. Every time I pick him up he's dirty. It smells to high heaven and I have to clean him all day, and he struggles because his button is raw and sore from his potty struggles.
I hate that our first couple weeks together are like this. It's putting a damper on my kitty honeymone phase and I wonder if it makes him resent me.

My current routine is:
Bath in the morning because he gets matted overnight. I wash just the bottom half.
After he goes poo I take a towel or pet wipe and just dab it on his bottom. I only dab, because it's sore.
Through the day if his butt is bad i try to wipe around his legs and tail with pet wipes or a waterless shampoo and brush the poo out with a fine matting comb.
Sometimes apply infants A and D ointment. He screams at this.

Does anyone have advice on the best way to keep up on the cleaning that won't have us hating each other? I feel like every time I pick him up now he thinks I'm going to hurt him. :(

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise