Time for a new sofa

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The one piece of furninture the little darlings haven't clawed to bits. I bought a cheap futon sofa about 2-3 years ago, a $300-$400 cheapie. Withing 2 months, the springs on the part I like to sit on started poing through the upholstery, and they irritate certain body areas, to the point I dread sitting on it for more than a few minutes. Now, I hardly use my sofa, as I don't watch t.v. (I stream Youtube onto the t.v.). I usually hang out in my craft room, but during quarantine, I realized that I need to sit on something else than my office chair---I literally live in it, so I decided to buy a new sofa yesterday. It wasn'r cheap one, for once. It was an USB port in it, and it manually and electronically reclines dually (the first time I will need to plug a sofa into an outlet!). I also need to be able to lay down and nap on a sofa. I was too lazy to pull out the futon (it was hard to do by myself, especially putting it back) on the old one, and it was narrow. Norrmally, when I decide to watch t.v., it's when I'm sick. I find it puts me to sleep, so I live on the sofa all day. I also want a wipe-clean finish. It's fake leather. I have to make clear vinyl corner covers so the cats won't claw it up.

1587994276019.png

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks comfy!!! :cloud9:

We ordered a new couch and loveseat a few weeks before everything started. I'm still waiting to hear when we will get it. They said up to 12 weeks then so who knows now. But all the "bells and whistles" you can find in couches now are crazy! :eek2: My DS LOVES Transformers. They have couches out that practically work like Transformers. The charging ports and USB ports are really a nice feature. The cupholders too. I don't remember right now if our couch has ports. It is power reclining and the love seat has power headrests for the ultimate in lazy TV watching. :lol2: We decided against a love seat with a center console because I didn't want to take up extra floor space by having a wider loveseat. But I kept thinking it would be Mooch's seat if we did. She would love it! :lol2:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
The new sofa sounds great. A bought an electric recliner with a USB port last winter. I just love push button reclining and the USB port is so handy.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Nice sofa! Ours are 30 years old, so no USB ports. The leather is really worn, but the sofas are so comfortable we can't bring ourselves to replace them. We got some sheepskins to cover up the seats, though.

We got an electric recliner a few months ago with lots of bells and whistles, but it doesn't have a port, either. Mowgli thinks it's his throne. :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does look cozy!

We got a new couch at the end of February. Our old one was a hand-me-down from my now ex-mother-in-law when I married my first husband in 1996. Who knows how long she had it before that. I have always hated it, but it survived my divorce and storage, so we kept it. I have been trying to get rid of it for years, but my cheapness made me hesitate. So did my husband's cheapness when it comes to those sorts of things.

I finally decided to get rid of it, but he was not convinced until I showed him how much extra room we would have in our small-ish house if we got rid of the 98" monstrosity and got a 68" one. Because of our shoe rack by the door and the general set up of the living room, it does seem like a lot of space. We spent around $400 or so on one that was on sale. I like it rather well. Shockingly, not one cat has been seen or heard scratching it! Fingers crossed that it stays that way. It is soft velvet in a light grey. Nothing super fancy gadget wise, but I like it.