Tiki Cat Wet Treats For Topping For Dry Food

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey..need some advice...My 11yr old boy. is getting picky in his getting older...Not caring about alot of the wet foods he used to eat..And wants more of his dry grain free pure harmony chicken flavor..small pieces..So to incorporate more moisture to his dry ..would adding Tiki Cat Wet Treats Chicken Flavor to his dry at mealtimes...Like mix it all up..Is that a good idea???And ive tried the wet foods like that didn't work..he would jump to wanting the dry..So if I tried adding what I said above..that would help with moisture..Right??Would that be sufficient???And YES hes still using litter box fine..drinking water fine..Just done got picky in his eating..TIA

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that would work! As long as his tummy tolerates it, that sounds like a good plan to me. Maybe others who have done something similar will chime in!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know why you couldn't do this, but he may not eat it since it would then seem sort of like wet food. And you might not want to leave it out all day or all night as you might do with dry food only (not sure if you feed on a schedule or if you free feed)

Have you tried giving these wet treats to him just as is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why you couldn't do this, but he may not eat it since it would then seem sort of like wet food. And you might not want to leave it out all day or all night as you might do with dry food only (not sure if you feed on a schedule or if you free feed)

Have you tried giving these wet treats to him just as is?
No I dont free feed..He was eating wet in the morning..wet mid afternoon..n little bit of dry at night ..very little..Now hes like he just wants the dry..and I absolutely dont want only feed him dry...Thats why I was asking about putting the wet treat mixed in with the dry..Say twice daily...Of course it would be measured