Thursdays Question of the Day

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
So... I've designed a new tattoo for myself, and hoping to get it tonight. It will have quite a bit of meaning to me and I am eager to get it!!

I am not going to go into details or show off my sketch until I get it done first :)

So my question of the day is....

Do you have any tattoos? if so, do they represent/mean anything?

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a tiny tattoo on my toe.  I used to wear a toe ring, but since I wore steel toed boots when I rode my own motorcycle, it hurt like the dickens if I forgot to take off the toe ring,so I just had a toe ring tattooed on!  I love it!  And one of my friends liked mine so much that she ended up doing the same thing...different design though.

But, I think the neatest tattoo ever is one on my DH.  He has several, but the best one is he has my hand print tattooed over his heart
.  Is that cool or what?  (I would show you a photo, but I doubt if he's be happy about having his bare chest shown on the internet
)

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i don't have any but if i ever would it would be a set of pawprints going up my arm and over the shoulder

socksy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No tattoos for me, although I have considered getting animal footprints at the top of my spine.  Reason is, I love animals and I'm going to school for environmental studies, so I love all things natural and biology in general.  On the spine... because I think it seems to be the last spot of un-affected skin on my body after three pregnancies, lol.  

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2, a memorial for my dad and the leo symbol. I want to get my daughters foot print with her name and birth date at some point. I wish I had her newborn foot print (it was VERY tiny with her being born at 2lbs) but the earliest print I have was done when she was a month old.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a wolf howling at the moon and a tiger on my back and I have 4 paw prints on my stomach :) I want another on for my mom and dad, not sure what it will be but I have a couple of ideas.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't have any, but am intrigued by the idea. I'm not afraid of the pain, but, since I have hyper-sensitive skin, I worry about the inks. Mainly, it's due to me knowing I'll grow tired of the tattoo!

You may know the hummingbird/Mom's death story. I would probably get a beautiful Ruby-Throated hummingbird on my back shoulder area. And perhaps something big-cattish, like a jaguar/panther--a sensous, graceful, realistic one--nothing cute or cartoonish.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 8 tattoos. A few are just because I liked them.

My phoenix was meant to symbolize my life starting over again. My half sleeve has various state symbols from the 3 states I've lived in. My griffin is because of my last name (though, a married last name... and now we're split. But I also like the mythological griffin so its not all bad). My outline of New Jersey with a heart in the area I grew up in with 'Jersey Girl' because I love NJ and miss it everyday.