Thursdays Question of the Day 3.7.13

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Sorry about missing the last 2 QotD's.. oops.

Yesterday I went into NYC to see Cinderella on Broadway with my mom. It was such a great show! and the weather held out for us too!

My question is.. Have you ever seen a broadway show before? If so... what did you see and how did you like it?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not on Broadway. I go to Londons West End.

I've seen quite a few shows, and i'm in Edinburgh in May to see GHOST. It was booked originally in London, but it wasn't doing well so they closed it and now it's touring the UK

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Like Susan, not on Broadway. We saw Green Day's American Idiot last month. :)

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No broadway show but I went to the Palace Theatre in Columbus Ohio to see The Osmonds long time ago.

dejolane

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I havent been to broadway or even down to London to see shows.

Ive seen a couple in Newcastle and one in Sunderland Saw Grease and a couple of Macbeth plays

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a little over 20 years ago, on my dance teams senior trip in high school!  Yikes! That was a long time ago!

We saw A Chorus Line, & CATS!  Needless to say CATS was my favorite! 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we lived in NY we loved nothing better than a Broadway Show. That's the one thing I miss about NY. It was a long time ago, but I know we saw West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof (guess I'm dating myself by the names of these shows). Oh yes, Bye Bye Birdie. Several others but I just can't remember them all.

There is just so much excitement about a Broadway Show!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once went to a Broadway show actually on Broadway! :lol3: I went on a bus tour to NYC with a group of friends and we saw Annie Get Your Gun. I've been to several "Broadway quality" road productions, but I don't really remember the last one. Les Mis, maybe. I'm always up for live theater. Even if it's a little kid's play, I just love it.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've only ever seen local productions.  We took DD to see a local production of The Nutcracker (ok so that's ballet, but close enough!) last December.  Most other ones have been school plays and things that I've gone to.  I do enjoy them.  The best was when my cousin's now-wife was just out of high school and in a production of 42nd Street.  I loved it!  She now owns a dance studio and I'd go to their shows if I lived closer.  (Somehow my Aunt has found herself taking dance classes; which means SHE is in the recitals! 
)