Thursdays Question of the Day 3.6.14

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Morning all!

I am a bit bored at work, so I am designing an expansion on my dragonfly tattoo. I have 3 tattoos all together (so far).
One I designed when I was younger and loved it, it's on my left ankle.
One's a dragonfly that I've designed, and it sits on my shoulder. I believe my grandfather is my guardian angel in disguise, and he's shown up several times when I really needed support. He forever sits on my shoulder as a dragonfly.
and my final, most recent tattoo is a Thyroid Cancer ribbon with a swirled butterfly wings on my right inner wrist- in tribute to my fight through the cancer.. also my design.

Anyway, my question is-- Do you have any tattoos? Did you design them yourself? What's the meaning behind them?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love a tattoo(s) on my foot, but I don't know what I want.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any yet.  I really like the idea of a wedding band tattoo.  I had planned that if I ever met my weight loss goal I'd get one of a simple cat face.  Now I'm not so sure if I'll ever go for it.

My BFF has a lot of tattoos.  She has several nautical/mermaid ones; including a pirate ship with the name "Victory" on it to celebrate her remission from cancer this year. She just got it about 2 weeks ago.  She also got an anchor on her left ring finger.  Since she was pregnant with her last baby she can't wear her wedding band without breaking out.  It fits her for sure.  I really like some of her other ones too.  She's got a Cheetah print on one shoulder.  A mermaid for her daughter and a smaller boy like on for her son.  She has one that is of James Dean I think.  I'm not sure of all the stories behind every one.  If they represent her parents; etc. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 tattoos. I have the leo symbol and a memorial one for my dad. The memorial one is a heart with 2 doves and a scroll that says dad and his birth and death date. I need to get it fixed up, it looks awful. I wanted to get my daughters newborn footprint with her name, birth date and birth weight. That probably won't happen now, and I will get a tattoo with something to do with both kids.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any. I used to think that I might want some cat paws done on one of my legs. Or Banshee's face on my leg. But no longer. I don't really care for them much.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have any tattoos, but I do know a couple of friends who do. I was going to get a cat paw done on my leg or upper arm several years ago, but I never got to it and I don't really want one anymore.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any but sometimes think about a small one, something discrete.  @catlover19 I like the idea of a memory for my dad, maybe something that could also represent peace and protection.  Unless I found something that represented these things I'd design it myself but it would be small, and probably single colour like blue.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6. One for each grandchild and in a few months all bring well I'll have the 7th.
I'm also scared of needles.
Go figure.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't have a tattoo, but if I do, it'll be my chinese name on my right arm, near the shoulder.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No tatoos here - and no intention of ever getting one! Just don't care for them at all.

sugarsandz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have three. . .

Right wrist is a tribal butterfly, I know it's cliche' but it was and is still cool to me

Left lower inner arm is a abstract looking butterfly with stars and a pink design behind it, it's also my largest

My upper back is a star within a star with a green butterfly on one side and a blue one on the left, I designed this one myself

The reason I got butterflies for all of them was a confidence thing.  I was the butterfly that used to be the caterpillar.

I plan on getting a full sleeve on my right arm with my favorite anime/manga characters, that is a long ways off though.  I don't regret any of my tattoos, they are part of my body now so why fight what they are right? If the color fades then I touch them up, it's no big deal. :)

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a celestial one on my lower back. I did not design it, but it was original on my (now ex-)husband and I got a variation of it. I like it.

If I get another, it will likely be a quote between my shoulder blades.