Thursdays Question of the Day; 2.6.14

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Morning all!

What was the last book you've read? Did you enjoy it?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The last book I read (or re-read, in this case) was Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I read the series through last year and completely fell in love with the books. In fact, I don't buy books that often anymore (other than cookbooks) as I usually just get them from the library to read on my Nook. I love the series so much, though, that I'm considering buying the books in hard cover and asking for the books as Christmas gifts. I have Dragonfly in Amber on my Holds list at my local e-library. And I think that the newest book, Written in My Own Heart's Blood, will be released this coming March. She also has a 3 or 4-volume series based on Lord John, but I've not read them; since they're not really about Jamie and Claire, I don't know that I will (although I rather like Lord John).

wolvesandbears

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was a Mary Higgins Clark book. I started off really liking the collections, but it eventually became the same regurgitated thing. So will be rereading Agatha Christie, until I find a new author! I might try the Phryne Fisher mysteries collection, so here is to hoping.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in the process of rereading the Harry Potter books for the umpteenth time, so the last book I read was the third in the series, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's actually my favorite.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the last one I read was "Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)" by Jenny Lawson, who is otherwise known as "The Bloggess".  I've been following her for a while and the book is hilarious.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last one was from the freebie list for the Kindle on Amazon called "Georgia On Her Mind."  It was a cute story; lighthearted enough that I breezed through it. I've missed reading.  I needed something lighter like that; not something overly dramatic I'm going to dream about at night.