Thursdays Question of the Day: 12.26.13

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Thursday!!

So.. what did you get for Christmas? (or other holiday you may celebrate??)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got a new camera! Yey!!! (mine dies almost a year ago!)   I got a Cannon Power Shot.  

So, I'm happy, but Angel probably isn't. 

I also got a couple of things I had on my list. 

A new ceiling fan for my bedroom, & a new shower tower caddy. 

I also got a couple of new nice scarves,

& some long sleeve shirts. 

My sister got a a new one cup coffee maker, & made a nice basket full of nuts, & chocolates, etc... she made. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a little handheld vacuum. Now the beach is outside of my house instead of in it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A new suitcase (Samsonite) and some long overdue dinnerware. Our old set is 30+ years old and cracking.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My early present was my iPod; Rick's early present was his Droid Ultra....we agreed on that, so we didn't really get each other that much. He gave me an Ott light for my computer desk as I am always complaining about the lack of decent lighting in the computer room....I had picked it out a while back. A gorgeous huge bowl for me to use to raise yeast dough; I firmly believe that one can never have too many large dough bowls. 
  Some Fiesta serving pieces in Scarlet; that way I can use them all year around as the color mixes very well with our Winterberry dishes, too. Oh, and an iTunes gift card from the RugCats and the Three Meowsketeers. Mollipop gave me Dr. Sleep  (Stephen King). My stocking gift was a large bag of peanut M & Ms.

My sister and BIL gave me a gift certificate to Christopher and Banks. My brother and SIL gave us a gift certificate to the Macaroni Grill, but we're not allowed to go there without taking them with us....that's part of the deal. Rick's parents paid for my Cook's Illustrated  magazine subscription for three more years and gave me a check for whatever I want to do. I received some money from my boss, too.

I really do not like the pictures taken from my cell phone. I have a Sony Mavica camera that's as old as the hills, but I still like it. My biggest problem is trying to find the pocket CDs for the thing, but I finally found a store where I can buy a spindle set of 50 CDs, so I'm getting those this weekend and I'll probably use Christmas money for them; that should see me through for awhile....and til I've used all of them, then I'll probably start using Rick's digital camera. (Hey, Kelly, Mollipop and the rest of the kids can join Angel at being disgruntled from all the picture-taking that's going to happen!). And my lightning connector for my Ipod....I bought that with Christmas money, so technically it's part of my Christmas present, I guess.

We are having our second Christmas on Saturday when our kids come up for the day. 

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't usually exchange presents --- but of course the big present is our cruise in January, and going to see South Pacific at a local dinner theatre on January 5. Just love the music from that show.

chasetheblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My best gift was a trip to Maui with my Dad's family, from my grandparents.  Their whole immediate family went (my dad, stepmum, brothers, aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents) and it was so much fun. 

I also got a lot of small things that I really needed, like a garlic press, socks, lip balm, face stuff, etc. :) 

lanasaez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mia was an early Christmas gift 
 but I got tons of perfume, a beautiful pearl set from my sister in law and a lovely necklace from mom. My husband got me new workout clothes!! YESS

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got these babies!

They are totally awesome!!  They are called Cabin socks and have that super soft interior with aloe to rejuvenate my feet according to the package. They are really great!  But oh my the toe jam when I took them off earlier!!  It's all that bright color of the toes.  I think I may need another pair.  I have not wanted to take them off!!

DH and I ordered my KitchenAid mixer right before Black Friday as my gift.  I love it and I got to use it for making cookies; so it was nice to have it early!  My parents both gave me some money to go shopping. I'll hopefully get to do that here soon before the sales end. 

I seriously love these socks though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice socks! I could use some of those, too. They look like they keep your footsies nice and warm. And, of course, they're purple! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes they are warm but not too warm either. I have some wool socks that just make my feet sweaty, but cold. Isn't that odd? I really like these!!