Thursdays Question of the Day 1.31.13

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am feeling very unmotivated about my job lately.. I guess I am getting bored of it.. and I got to thinking.. if I wasn't a Graphic Designer.. what would I do?

And you know, I can't think of a dang occupation that'd be good for me, other than being a Graphic Designer!!

Here's my question:

If you could do something other than what you are doing now, career or stay at home.. what would you be doing?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Career-wise, I'd like to be working in the trucking industry, like I'm going to school for.

Orrrrrr, just stay at home and do side jobs that interest me to make money :lol3:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I planned to work in automotive journalism, but I graduated in 1974, in the midst of a pretty bad recession, and no one was hiring. Now I'd like to spend a couple of years driving a truck foam an NHRA team.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I am doing exactly what I want to do right now! I'm very fortunate to be doing what I want to do and most of my job is done from my home. I could never go back into the office corporate world again.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably go back to training dressage horses!!! I have taken a break from the horse world/work the last two years. I still have ALL of my equipment/tack/supplies/blankets, etc. I guess in the back of my mind I plan to get back into it again. When, not sure. :lol3: Right now, I am at home caring for all of my pets and we just recently moved so I am settling in here before I look for another part-time job. Just enjoying my early retirement while it lasts. :lol2:

tick-n-thistle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd go back to working in a professional costume shop that was somehow magically located in a small town.  I loved the work, but couldn't stand being in a city, so I had to give it up.  Nothing else has been as much fun or felt as comfortable!  I've felt like a misfit at every other job I've had.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
If I had the house for this, I'd still love to open a B &B that would allow cats. We keep talking about it, moving to the Lancaster, PA area and buying a huge old house for a B & B. Cats would be allowed, but no other pets. (And if that's discrimination, so be it.)

Failing that, a cookie bakery. Just cookies.

Last edited:

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be in wildlife research. I see nature shows about people out in the wild, studying wolves, bears, otters, fox.....and it's fascinating. I always feel like I could fit into that really easily.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to do, what, my Bachelor of science is in and that would be Herpetology. However, I work in the IT department with students and computers
. I am not even sure, how, I got this job about ten years ago
I would be in wildlife research. I see nature shows about people out in the wild, studying wolves, bears, otters, fox.....and it's fascinating. I always feel like I could fit into that really easily.

Last edited:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have always wanted to work in a library, so I accomplished that!

My real dream job: working in the fine jewelry trade, most likely selling it. I've spent the past 20 years of my life in love with jewelry; last year, I realized it's my passion. An expensive passion!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed my mind I want to work in a library or  on the Jerry Springer show.

dejolane