Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Somewhere in between.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE them! The stronger the better, although there have been a few that made me take cover. Most of the time I'm at the window watching the show. When I was growing up, Mom Dad and I would sit on the porch and watch the thunderstorms so there are good memories. Dad was a weather freak and would probably have tried to be a storm chaser if he was offered the job 30 years ago. When a F-3 tornado went through the town I was working in, he wanted all the details (yeah, I'm still shaking going "holy crap!")  I guess I got my love for extreme weather from him. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Love them. Mom always said that when I was little, I would clap my hands after every bolt of thunder and say "Fireworks!" I was never afraid of storms.

When our son still lived at home, he and would get up in the middle of the night, go out to the living room and watch the lightning. It hit the transformer out front a couple of times and we lost power. The electric gurus would come and fix it and life went on. One afternoon in the summer years ago, our son and I were out in the pool. I knew a t-storm was coming and I kept telling son to get out of the pool. The storm got closer and closer and son kept telling me I was a baby. Well, suddenly a loud clap of thunder exploded overhead. Didn't take long for son for get out of the pool! I think he leaped from the pool right to the deck! We sat out on the deck for awhile until the rain hit, then we had to go inside.

We've always loved thunderstorms. I'm more wary of them than I used to be because of the threat of tornadoes now....seems that every time there's a chance of severe t-storms this year, the tornado threat isn't far behind.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love them!. 

I have a couple of friends who don't though, but one in particular is really bad. We had one a couple of weeks ago she was never off the phone because she was that scared!.

Last edited:

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last 2 times we had thunder storms it was at night and I slept through them. Sigh... I missed them and I love them.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom, rest her soul, made me paranoid of storms.  She would take me and sit in a corner in the lr and each time lightening would flash, say...."oh that was close".  Sometimes the lightening would hit the phone pole and make our phone ring....ugh.

So now, I am 60 years old.  I would love to love them.  I love a good rain storm, but lightening still scares the heck out of me.  If there is a storm at night, I get up, get dressed and come downstairs and put the lights on.  I am ready for anything. No lacey nightgowns for me if I end up running into the road!  I have 911 on speed dial!  lol  I watch the radar, unless I turn the computer off so it does not blow if hit by lightening.

As my mom got older, she always said how her fear of storms diminished.  Gee, thanks a lot mom.  You gave it to me!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love thunderstorms. I like to curl up with a good book and my kitties during them. I lived in eastern NC for years, they have hurricanes there, so a thunderstorm seems like a gentle rain to me. I was always scared witless during hurricanes.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love thunderstorms. I like to curl up with a good book and my kitties during them. I lived in eastern NC for years, they have hurricanes there, so a thunderstorm seems like a gentle rain to me. I was always scared witless during hurricanes.
Quite the opposite for me. While I am terrified of thunderstorms, I sort of enjoy hurricanes. I usually sit and watch the trees whip about. Although we don't often get anything stronger than a Cat. 1.

ibiscribe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't really like them. Or more accurately, I love to watch lightning--we have a pretty spectacular view of most storms--I just hate the hassle that comes with it.

We're actually right in the middle of storm season here, so we get a thunderstorm at least once, usually around 3-4 PM, literally every day. Often times there's a second storm around 6-7 PM. Pouring rain, lots of thunder, lightning practically right above our heads. It used to be kind of freaky but now it's just really tedious lol. I have to unplug the TVs and computers and anything else I want to preserve because otherwise they will be damaged by a surge. I'm lucky to have a laptop, so I can stay on the computer during a storm, but there's always a high chance that my internet connection will go out right in the middle of work, and then I won't be able to work until it comes back on, and my boss will see that I'm not online.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of enjoy thunderstorms as long as they aren't too severe.  However, I don't like it when we have a lot of really bright  lightening flashing almost constantly.  I get really nervous
 when that happens.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them but if I'm in the middle of blogging on my wired laptop I get scared and switch to a wireless device, which is harder. But I voted love. Glad I'm not the only one! Penny & Daisy dislike t storms but luckily around here they're generally short. Oh, once I was outside in a loud summer soaker (with an umbrella) - It was awful; so I guess I love t storms when I'm indoors

Last edited: