Thread For Things We Appreciate

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I'd start a thread for having people post about things they are noticing and liking/appreciating about the new platform.

-- The Articles section is really coming along, I love how all the entries look on my desktop!
sm-93.gif

This is a big job, and not over yet! Thank you, @Anne. Hang in there!

-- I also noticed last week that my little avatar icon shows up near the thread starter's avatar image, indicating threads where I have added my own comment(s) to a thread.

Like this:
commentedThread.png

This is on the left-hand side of the page, like under Recent Posts.

This is really handy! Love it! I did notice that it only shows up if you've commented since the platform change occurred ... so if you want to see that little comment indicator show up on threads you know for sure you've already commented on for the old site's platform, make another comment here on the new platform! Then your little avatar icon will show up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Share your own comments!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sm-25.gif
sm-113.gif

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
*crickets*

:flail::flail::flail::flail:

There are some Moderating functions that we gained that are helpful. :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really like the quick navigation, which is located just above the Home/(forum name)/sub-forum name almost at the top of the page. you can 'mouse over' it (move mouse 'pointer'/arrow on computer screen over the icon and let it stay there until you see 'open quick navigation') and you'll see 'open quick navigation', click on the icon and a window opens which allows you to choose what forum or sub-forum...click on your choice and you're taken right there.

one thing i really miss is the daily digest of threads i subscribe to/watch. that cut down on the emails i receive significantly, because new posts emails are now individually emailed to me. i haven't found any preference or notification setting which would give me the daily digest with the new platform.

also, '@ paging' seems not to work effectively. we can @ page someone, but i've not found a setting to allow me to be notified when i've been @ paged with the new platform.

overall, i'm enjoying the new platform.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
also, '@ paging' seems not to work effectively. we can @ page someone, but i've not found a setting to allow me to be notified when i've been @ paged with the new platform.
Do you have the alert preferences checked of for when someone mentions you in a message?

mention.jpg

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, i have the alert preferences checked off for when someone mentions me in a message. i get the alert in the ice cream cone shaped icon, up at the top and to the right of the conversations icon, but am not notified by email. i haven't been using the ice cream cone shaped icon, reading alerts there or using them to navigate. looks like that would help me somewhat. so i'll have to get used to using that. thank you! :D

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I like the fact that the emoticoms are sorted into groups so they are easier to find, and if you want to use more than one at a time, you don't have to keep clicking on the smiley to reopen it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the "Reviews" section is :wow:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't checked out the review section yet. :paperbag:

Although not too many are using them, the profile posts are fun.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the handy text color palette available for commenting.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I remember, I think on the old platform we had to comment in a thread in order to have the opportunity to receive notifications of new replies.

I like this new platform, as we can choose to watch threads for things that interest us even if we haven't commented on the thread.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
-- I also noticed last week that my little avatar icon shows up near the thread starter's avatar image, indicating threads where I have added my own comment(s) to a thread.

Like this: View attachment 178200

This is on the left-hand side of the page, like under Recent Posts.

This is really handy! Love it! I did notice that it only shows up if you've commented since the platform change occurred ... so if you want to see that little comment indicator show up on threads you know for sure you've already commented on for the old site's platform, make another comment here on the new platform! Then your little avatar icon will show up again. View attachment 178202 View attachment 178201
I completely agree, really appreciate this new feature also. :thumbsup:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The scroll bar is helpful. I just keep forgetting to use it! :lol:

scroll.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's much easier (and faster) to navigate on the "mobile version" now. Quoting just a sentence or two from a post is also quicker.