This is why I haven't been around here lately!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I catered a buffet for a club member's award luncheon. One of our U.S. Senators attended, too, so that was exciting!  I hope he enjoyed the spread!  It looked a lot better in person, though.  I made all of the food myself, except for the cookies and the macaroni and cheese (DH did that).  I made slow-cooked pulled beef, turkey and ham with a brown sugar and hard cider glaze, salad, coleslaw, roasted red pepper spread, dark chocolate buttercream cupcakes, and four pies, made with fresh lemons. Someone actually wanted to buy a whole pie! (I just let them take it home for free.)  I am TIRED, but happy. Everyone loved it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you!  If I had one, I'd send it to you! 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Everything looks beautiful!
Kudos to a job very well done! I'd love a cupcake, too. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Everything looks beautiful!
Kudos to a job very well done! I'd love a cupcake, too. 
Thank you! A lot of the cupcakes went home in takeout containers with the guests. They seemed to like the lemon pies much more for some reason. It really is a good pie, made with fresh lemons, all done (except for the crust) in the blender, which is rather fun to do. It's very easy, but it takes a LOOOONNNGGG time to bake--about an hour or so. It's only supposed to take 40-45 minutes.