Thirty-three Posts Already, and I Didn't Introduce Myself!

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never let it be said that I do things in proper order!

I am a 58ish-something silver-haired tomboyish artist/gardener/photographer/animal lover who is in the midst of some trying times of life. Many family and beloved pet deaths and life changes have occurred in the past couple of years, but I find great strength in my trust in a Higher Power. 

I came here in my quest to learn how to raise my newest member of my feline family, Mooni, who is a replacement for my recently lost Tippi, who was the replacement for my not-as-recently-lost Lilo. I was at a loss to handle a very aggressive, but tiny kitten. Handling her was like holding on to the wrong end of a chainsaw.

Since I remembered a rescue kitten decades ago, that was of similar trouble, and who eventually was euthanized for health reasons and unmanagability, I didn't want to end up with another insane pet. Both were very tiny and in shelters, both were unsocialized, both were ill when they came home.

I have learned a lot about the problem and can testify that little miss Mooni aka the chainsaw, is developing into a very active, very inquisitive and very intelligent *and* pettable kitten! She will never be the cuddle-bug some of my other cats were, but I've had so much fun playing hide-and-stalk, chase-around, teaching her how to climb trees and explore the gardens. She must taste every thing that I am eating and investigate everything I do. I just got done trying to fold clothes with a little orange kitten in my basket.

I have five acres of good bottom-land and in times of good rainfall (California and bone dry drought at the moment) I have a steer or two. I have a knack for landscaping and have created a beautiful yard for kittens to destroy 
 My cats are an integral part of our little farm, keeping the rodents at bay and corralling rattlesnakes for me to dispatch. Sadly I have no more fence lizards since in slow-rodent-times bored kitties capture them. If allowed I will post links to both my cat albums and my garden albums that some may enjoy.

So far I have really enjoyed sharing and learning on The Cat Site. I can be an insufferable know-it-all sometimes, and can get very wordy, so bear with me...I don't even know where some of the knowledge comes from, it just pops up.  I can glaze over someone's eyes in no time at all. I like the ambiance of this site and the courtesy everyone exhibits, having spent years on conspiracy sites where one must develop a tough hide and sharp wit to survive.

I'm glad to meet you all, hope to make many friends here.

My Cats

My Gardens

randommusings

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome!  I'm new here myself, but am also really enjoying the ambiance on this site.

Love your kitty pictures - Mooni is exquisite - and am very jealous of your gardens (my climate is not condusive to the cacti and succulent assortment you have).  And I have to admit, I've killed more hens and chicks (the plants, people!) than I'd care to admit.

Nice to meet you - look forward to seeing you in the forums and galleries.

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself but I also really like it here. Mooni is just adorable and I'm glad she's becoming more manageable. I have a chainsaw of a cat myself and they're exhausting but worth it.