Things That Come In Threes...

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you heard the expression that things always come in threes?

Over the past three months we've had this things happen to us three times, lol.

When we went camping about three weeks ago, I burnt my wrist (not badly) on the fire putting a log in. A week later, I burnt all my finger tips when I picked up a roasting pan that had just been in the oven - they blistered immediately. Last night, a week from the last incident, I burnt my arm on the element in the oven taking cupcakes out - it's blistered now, but not too bad.

Last week, Mike found a guitar amplifier when he was walking home. The next day, he found $20 when we were walking the dogs, and a few hours later, he found the turtle outside.

Over the past three months, I've nearly been in three accidents because of other people blowing red lights or stop signs - all within three blocks of home.

Does anyone else experience things in threes like this? Good, bad or just something that happens?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just want to hear about the guitar amplifier!

But I've seen those "threes" happen, too. Usually bad ones!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I just want to hear about the guitar amplifier!

But I've seen those "threes" happen, too. Usually bad ones!
Ours are usually bad, lol, but then we get a good one thrown in.

The guitar amplifier is just a cheap practice amp. It's missing the fuse holder and fuse, so we're waiting to test it out until we can get that. We have a Traynor tube amp right now, but it's just way too loud of our apartment, so the practice amp will be nice. Mike thinks it'll work once the fuse is in, he took it all apart and cleaned it the other day (with my dish brush!
). If he gets it working and then decides he doesn't want it, he can easily get $20-40 for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also forgot to mention - the turtle we found only has three legs! lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yep! Usually it's negative stuff, but not always, e.g., three times over the past three years I've had three kids in a single class get pregnant. I joked about pregnancy being contagious, but simply anticipated a third student announcing she was expecting, too.

Unfortunately, all too often it's deaths or terminal illnesses.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I had three things happen to my hips and legs in less than a year.....

November, 2010: I was trying to get the living room Christmas tree down from the basement ceiling. On a ladder, fell off the ladder, slid along the basement floor and hit the dryer. Not a pretty sight. And I think I may have done something to my right hip that time as I'm having minor problems. Too stubborn to see the doctor, though.

March, 2011: I got out of bed early in the morning to use the bathroom. Got my right foot tangled in the straps of my shoes (that I swear I had placed beneath the bed....we still think Molli was playing during the night and dragged the shoe out) and fell down. We think I broke, or badly sprained, two of the toes on my right foot. They were black and swollen. Again, too stubborn to see the doctor.

July 2011: Twisted both feet out of old and very loose sandals while carrying a load of laundry. Fell down the basement steps and smacked into the basement door. Both ankles were twisted and I think I may have sprained them both. No doctor then either.

Interestingly, all three things happened about four months apart. I'd like to get through this November without doing something exceedingly stupid. (Rick already told me NOT to try to get the tree down from the ceiling this year)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three painful injuries in a row -- sweetie, that's Mother Nature trying to tell you to GO TO THE DOCTOR! Don't wait until she shoves you in front of a bus or something!

(Seriously, though. Go!)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susan (Rosiemac) always says things come in three, I hadn't ever noticed it before, but after she told me, I started noticing it definitely happening.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I think things do come in threes but usually bad things.When I worked in a care home we would usually have 3 residents pass away in a very minimal time of each other.My electrical items usually give up in 3's.Strange isn't it?x

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things that happen in threes are bad, at least in my experiences lol