Things come in threes?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie hopes she had the last of the 3 last night.

Last month, her brother died suddenly.

When we got back, she had a voicemail waiting that her job was ending and the school was closing.

Last night, she was in an accident and severely damaged her car.

What do they say about raining and pouring?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Dottie - she has my sympathy. Somehow 2009 has been a very bad year for a lot of people.
that 2010 is better for her.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness. Poor Dottie, I hope she wasn't hurt.
With any luck that's the end of it, though, and you guys will have a break. 2009 has been a rough year for quite a few people...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, that's quite the "trio" of things!
that the chain is now broken -- and that Dottie was not hurt!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mike, I certainly hope this is the end of Dotties bad luck streak.... I hope she wasn't injured in the accident, and many that things improve.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! It sounds like only the car was hurt; I'm glad your wife is okay. I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles.

I hope bad things don't always come in threes, I'm not sure I could handle #3 right now. *looking over shoulder*

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's quite the run of bad luck. I hope Dottie is OK. that's definitely the end of it!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry and I agree...when it rains it pours. I hope good things are in the very near future for Dottie.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a firm believer in "bad things come in 3s" . I hope you and Dottie have had your 3 and things improve.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it feels like how can you win?! My aunt always use to say they come in threes when I found a spider
.......... I am terrified of spiders, and ofcourse eventually I would find 3 since I am always looking for them!
I definitely feel that my strings of bad luck, bad days, sleeping police men (sped bumps) in the middle of my life are more then not. I often have to remind myself that tomorrow is another day, but I never forget the yesterdays that got me here.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I'm a firm believer in "bad things come in 3s" . I hope you and Dottie have had your 3 and things improve.
Awww, really? I think that is a negative way to think.

I'm sorry Dottie has had a rough go this year..It's almost a new year coming to start fresh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dottie got a bruise or two. The kid that was involved (I WOULD say who was at fault, but there seems to be some disagreement on that at this point) was really going fast. He came across the driveway entrance in the parking lot at a high rate of speed. Dottie's car got spun around 90 degrees to the right.

The latest is that the insurance company may total the car. That's unfortunate; it's paid for, and with Dottie out of work, it may be hard to finance a replacement. It had fairly low mileage, and had been very well maintained. They're still checking on the price for the frame rails; the subframe was bent to the right. They're within a few hundred dollars of the cut-off for repairing it.