The Snow Dance Thread

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My area has a winter storm watch in affect tonight through late Tomorrow.
Help me pull the storm west just a little so we get LOTS of snow.

That should do it

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rather you than me. We're up in central PA, but are supposed to visit our kids in the Lancaster area on Sunday for a birthday party for our little granddaughter, who is turning two years old. At this rate, I don't think we're going to make it. Our weather guys are calling for 1-3 in our area, but our kids are in the 6-12 range.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No sooner than I posted the snow dance, it started pouring snow here. A wet, noisy snow, but I'll take it! Great idea on that snow dance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really??? that means here we should be getting lots of snow too. I have a friend up closer to Lancaster who said they were calling for more snow around my area.

I do think it is supposed to stop by sunday though.

I guess i just like the fact that snow gives the excuse to do nothing, go no where and just relax all day. Cant feel like you are being unproductive when you cant get out of your house

Plus...i want to build a snow man!

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

No sooner than I posted the snow dance, it started pouring snow here. A wet, noisy snow, but I'll take it! Great idea on that snow dance!
Yay!!!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oodlesofpoodles;2788940 said:
Really??? that means here we should be getting lots of snow too. I have a friend up closer to Lancaster who said they were calling for more snow around my area.

I do think it is supposed to stop by sunday though.

I guess i just like the fact that snow gives the excuse to do nothing, go no where and just relax all day. Cant feel like you are being unproductive when you cant get out of your house

Plus...i want to build a snow man![/QUOTE
]

There are snowmen everywhere here after our storm! Not from little kids, but from all the college kids! (Madison is a total college town)
They have a few, uh, "interesting" takes on a traditional snowman, lol.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trillcat;2788947 said:
Originally Posted by oodlesofpoodles

There are snowmen everywhere here after our storm! Not from little kids, but from all the college kids! (Madison is a total college town)
They have a few, uh, "interesting" takes on a traditional snowman, lol.
I, uh, can imagine those interesting snowmen.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you "take all snow" vibes. After shoveling feet of the stuff in my college years (the late 1970s - remember those blizzards?) I have had my fill and enjoy snow where it belongs - on ski slopes and holiday cards.

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hehe we rent so we dont have to do the shoveling.

And i bet the snow men in your area are a bit...uh....different Trillcat. Im afraid of what kind of snow man the hubby to be will come up with. lol

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oodlesofpoodles

Hehe we rent so we dont have to do the shoveling.

And i bet the snow men in your area are a bit...uh....different Trillcat. Im afraid of what kind of snow man the hubby to be will come up with. lol
My favorite one is actually pretty tame. It is a snow man that fell over, or got knocked over, so they threw a bunch of beer cans around him, Judging by all the emptys, not really a mystery of why he fell over

oodlesofpoodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol. My fiance and his friend used to go out and tackle snowmen...so that could be it too. lol.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noooooooo!
We are supposed to attend a family party in NJ and we don't want the snow here in Philly
Driving conditions will be dangerous yet the shore won't be bad. It's the drive to/from that's bad.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can get that storm to go way west so it doesn't interfere with my Labor & Delivery classes this weekend I will be with you! Otherwise I'm doing my ANTI-Snow Dance!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want some safe driving vibes as my sister if she hasn't left she will be soon leaving central Virginia and yep has to drive across West Virginia. This region is in for a MAJOR snow. I'm hoping she puts "the pedal to the metal" and beats the majority of the snow.

As for snow here - a 40 % chance Sunday.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything here has stopped because of snow, which is now around 30cm deep. Those of us whose relatives/friends are coming for Christmas are really worried. My daughter is booked on the ferry on Wednesday, arriving at 10 pm, and I just hope she makes it safely through the hour drive after that, all on small twisty and hilly country roads, none of which are gritted.