The Proper Introduction; Shar, Hank, A Mess Of Ferals And The Ghost Of Midnight

Shar371

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, it's high time I did the introductory post.

My name is Shar, and I'm a cat lover (chorus: "Hi, Shar")

My first cat--my love and my soul kitty--Midnight, died at home with me five weeks ago, today. She's my avatar, in my reading chair.

In coping with her death, I picked a no-kill shelter in my area that had an all-hands volunteer call, and placed myself happily in the cattery. I quickly became "that" volunteer, updating the medical board with every sneeze, "soft serve" poop, missed meal and hint of medical issues. In short, I'm very, very happy to be with them, and if I don't know what I'm going to do with myself on a given day, or the call goes out, I'm there.

Through my mother's house, I've psuedo-adopted a whole mess of ferals. I'll expound on that whole Days-of-Our-Lives worthy tale in the feral section, likely coupled with a plea to help trap a humane-trap-shy cat (the matriarch, who teaches kittens how to avoid the trap...hence our growing colony).

In short, I coped with Midnight's death by burying myself in feline fur. As was bound to happen, one eventually sunk claws into my heart. I still think he came along too soon, but oh well. Thems the breaks. I wasn't wanting a cat when Midnight showed up, either... And oh boy, do I have stories about her...

In any event, enter Hank (originally listed as Faith/Hannah, but with boy parts, and a chip registered as "Milo" after I had my vet check him out. Whoops, you're Hank now, buddy). I won't go into details, since this book is long enough as it is... suffice to say, where Midnight was an only kitty, I have a feeling that Hank will be needing a buddy sometime soon. I think he may be communing with Midnight's spirit, though, since he's starting to pick up some of her habits (albeit, with a twist). For instance, he's learning to be a water-lover like she was, but where her fun came from sinks and the bathtub, he prefers his from the toilet. Men...

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
3D25DC08-FC70-4B20-BDF1-D0F88F3DB4AC.gif
Shar and Hank, a belated
1AE658DC-E824-41BF-A193-CA439915D55F.jpeg
to both of you.

We are sorry to hear about Midnight :alright: but we are glad that you’ve overcome the sadness by volunteering yourself atbyhe cattery and glad that you found Hank. He’s a handsome boy :happycat::lovecat4:

Do post more photos of Hank and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the official introduction, Shar, and welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: My sincere and heartfelt sympathies on the loss of Midnight. :angel: But so happy to hear Hank wormed his way into your heart. When our cat,Neely, passed away we never expected to rescue again so soon but somehow fate has a way of stepping in. :wink: Looking forward to seeing you around the forum as well as sharing more pics and stories about Hank.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome, Shar, to you, to Hank, the Feral Family, and to Midnight's sweet spirit!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of your soul kitty, Midnight. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

And congrats on having another kitty sink its claws into your heart. Hank is a cutie pie.:catrub:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Shar. Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about Midnight. That's always a heartbreaking thing to go through. That photo of Hank with his paw hanging over the cushion is great. I love his markings.