The Patient

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

The vet called me yesterday with the biopsy results- it's just a basal cell tumor, benign as we expected, but it was great to hear the official news anyway!!
I'm glad to see the good news, and am sorry I wasn't around to send Dorothy and you some vibes when she went through her ordeal.

I'm surprised that Dorothy doesn't have stripes on her skin where she is shaved. Tolly had to have the back of his head and neck shaved once and he was striped all the way through, right down to his skin!

Much love to Dorothy anyway (and some for Genever too!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks otto. Nice to hear from you again!
Yeah, she's all pale white skin under that thick fur, no stripes. I did wonder about that before though, if her skin would be different colors, but no. We were gone over the weekend for a family event in PA, and when we came back I definitely noticed it grew in a bit more. She HATES me touching her fuzz patch, but I can't help myself sometimes.
Except this afternoon I touched it (not near the stiches) and she got really weird and twitchy, and she didn't even want me petting her anywhere else either! She even tried to bite me, which is very rare for her. I don't know why it bothered her all of a sudden, but she got over it, and she's back to normal this evening.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fur growing in is itchy and the area must be very sensitive!