The movie "The Green Mile"

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This movie has been playing pretty often lately on tv and every time it is on I have to watch at least some of it, I of course have watched the whole movie many times over but I just can't turn the channel when it is on. Such an emotional, powerful movie, anyone on here also a big fan of it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Cry my eyes out every time I watch it :(
The part where Paul (Tom Hanks) has to say "roll on two" to give the order to electrocute Paul Coffey but he can't do it, and when he does say it it is barely audible. And all of the guards with somber faces and the young guard crying like crazy, yeah, me too.....

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He also wrote Shawshank Redemption. Another great book and movie.
It's a short story that is with "The Body," which was made into "Stand By Me." I remember watching Shawshank and thinking, "I have read this somewhere." It suddenly hit me that it was in the collection of King's short stories. I do not recall the name of the book, but the short story is actually "Rita Haywood and the Shawshank Redemption."

My grandmother loved King, so when I spent the night at her house, I would read them because they were some of the few books she owned.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm a fan of the green mile. My hubby is a King fan me not so much watched it first because he said the book was good. I couldn't tell you how many times I've watched it since.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Although I love The Green Mile, I have to say that I've always found The Shawshank Redemption to be really boring. Every time I've tried to watch it I've fallen asleep...

It's a shame that a lot of King adaptations don't seem to turn out very well, when often the books are good. I've been a long time King fan - probably over 30 years now!