The loss of my first cat

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The loss of my first cat Bailey was tough,she was 16 when I had her put down due to kidney failure.Was a calico I had since I was 13 as a kitten.My parents got her for me,I was bullied and picked on a lot.Thought it was a good idea to cheer me up and did.I had a bad day,Bailey was there and loved hearing her purring.It taught me responsibility too,my parents never had to remind me to clean her litter box.I remember her on top of the pillow and my head when I slept in bed.Was my alarm clock too at times.Had her through a year into college and my roommates loved her too.It was in May of 1998,she was sick and took her to the vet being told kidney failure.They tried everything and she passed the next day.Had her cremated and I still have her ashes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sure sounds like you and Bailey were made for each other! And learned a lot about affection and what being there for someone means. Thanks for sharing the story of your very special kitty:catlove:
We were and I was in the dumps before she came into my life.Plans are her ashes buried with me the day I go.Will be the same with my current cat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul. She will always rest easy because of your continuing love sent her way. She will also send hers in return. A love like that does not die. The 'essence' that is her will be with you always. She showed you what true love is, and is so proud you shared her love with another little one. In that way her love is passed on through the years, she lives on.
What a precious little girl to have given you so much. You are so lucky to have had her share your life's journey for a time. She will meet you again one day and continue her love. Thank you for sharing her story! RIP dear Bailey. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you safe until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bailey, dream you deep. Your pawprints remain on someone's heart, now and forever.

Although you write with very few frills, your deep love for this cat shines out of your words, like little rainbows shimmering around them. This is what the unconditional love of a cat brings to us. And we are blessed, made richer, for that love. This is the deepest Truth I know, that love never dies, it only changes form. It is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. From her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Bailey blesses you, and she has sent her Love back to you to walk beside you until you meet again. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.