the india thread..

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shes doing ok. reacts fine to the other cats. still tad crazy towards people though. one thing i noticed today is my 20 month old son accidently fell near her, she did swat him BUT she kept her claws in and yowled in fright. I think she may have had experiences with children. my son got scared no harm. she just kept watching him. when he moved she moved behind him a little ways not in a stalking way either like curiousity way. she loves to sit in the windows and watch my kids with great interest. she has gone from yowling when i walk into the kitchen to a quiet meow. i sit on the floor with food and toss her bits to eat talking to her soothingly the whole time. the other cats come in and sit by me. she scoots out a little bit like she wants to be petted but is unsure. i think seeing me playing and interacting with the other cats may help her.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It sounds like she's becoming more comfortable with you. You will have to let us know more of her progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is going to be my thread dedicated solely to india.

today i woke up to find a thing of crackers on the floor along with my zucchini and a few other things. i knew it was her because she is shedding bad..follow the furballs to her lol.

i talk to her while im doing dishes or sweeping(god she hates the broom she actually comes out to attack it, wonder if shes been hit with one?hmmm...) i actually think shes been jumping the dutch door and wandering around the house at night. which is fine with me. let her adjust. i got to deflea cats. but im not about to attempt to treat her right now i prefer not to get clawed. bad enough apollo clawed my arm yesterday when i washed him(yes i give them baths once a month).

here she is...
http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/pfcnationalguard1999/?action=view&current=mine091.jpg

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well she must be feeling really really comfy here. she jumped over the dutch door and was under my couch...found this out because i stuck my broom under the couch to clean and it was jerked out of my hands then pushed back out with a yowl..yea scared the crap out of me. lol. then she came shooting out from under the couch and jumped over the door back into the kitchen and stared at me. i walked in there and she didnt hiss she looked at me with a "wth" look lol. poor girl i must of scared the crap out of her and she scared the heck out of me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I love the way she took hold of the situation (and broom).

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I love the way she took hold of the situation (and broom).
lol scared the heck out of me though. shes now sitting in a window shes fine as long as shes left alone. just a solitary cat. not her fault though. poor girly.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm sure with your patience and love, she will be a love bug soon enough.

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yesterday was interesting. india has free roam of the house now..by her choice not mine lol. i was sitting on the couch when i felt a cat rub against my leg just saw the dark color and assumed it was apollo till i said apollo what ya want..and apollo jumped up next to me..lol..i froze i realized it was india rubbing on my leg not apollo. lol. ive found her in the upstairs windows in the bathroom on my wardrobe closet, on the fridge on the hamsters cage sleeping. on my rabbits cage. shes under the couch now hiding till the kids go to bed or go outside to play...5 kids tends to get loud in here(especially when 4 of them are girls lol) i will be attempting to get better pictures of her.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is so sweet
She is coming out on her own terms and doing it beautifully.

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

That is so sweet
She is coming out on her own terms and doing it beautifully.
yea its a good thing. im good with cats. i seem to understand them better than other animals..well except for horses lol..im good with them too.

i actually pet one of momma strays babies the other day which makes me very very excited. bad thing bout feeding them well not that bad...got a baby coon eating the food..may trap and relocate it too.