The Hunt For Fire Cats

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Be sure to read the New York Times article today on the hunt for "fire cats" in the California fire. The story of this woman's tenacity trapping these terrified babies will melt your heart! Seems cats as opposed to dogs run the other way and hide during fire or flood events. She has rescued dozens of cats and reunited them with family.
Good reading as opposed to all the death and destruction news out there.
She and her group really deserve a reward but then maybe they have theirs already?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How wonderful!

Could you possibly post a link to the article?

:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: The Hunt for ‘Fire Cats’ Amid Northern California Ashes The Hunt for ‘Fire Cats’ Amid Northern California Ashes

Couldn't really find a link except this... sorry not very computer literate

I think you could google fire cats New York Times?

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You did it correctly - - just clicking on the link in your post (the one right above mine) takes you straight to the article on the New York Times site! :) The woman and her team of volunteers have already helped 70 cats from these fires. Made me want to fly out there and help find kitties.

What an interesting article - thinking of all of the animals (and families who had to leave their animals) breaks my heart. I've read too many articles about people in these California fires who were forced out in a panic in their socks as the fires jumped barricades unexpectedly, etc. - and ended up leaving without their kitties, since we all know how many of our cats hide when WE panic.

And FYI - - - there are NO graphic images in the article. And for those who read it, if you're like me you get so angry seeing a picture in an article of an animal struggling (this article has a pic of a very ticked off cat, swimming to escape the fires) since I find myself thinking "you had time to take the photo but you didn't help the animal?!?!" - - I followed the links and the photographer said the cat shown was rescued immediately. Thanks for sharing this!!!!