Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1633446338046.png
1633446368621.png

So? Is everyone alive and well?

Sorry, just being cheeky.

I honestly didn't really notice how big this was until I saw it on the National News. I did try to go on at one point, and it didn't connect, but I thought it was just a small glitch, and I moved on...
How about you? Did you miss it? How did you pass your time?

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:i got a good laugh out of it i am friends with quite a few women who are social media addicts. i kept getting txt msgs during that black out of "how can this be happening?, i want things back up again and i checked again still doesnt work!":lol:soo i got to hear a bunch of complaining the whole time which made me laugh

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was me at first and googled if it was down after it wasn't back a while later. I chased around my baby and went on a walk and looked at other websites.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't mind Facebook or Instagram being down, but in large parts of Europe we rely on WhatsApp for messaging, calls and video chat so that was a bit of an inconvenience not to be able to just text people and access group chats for work and with friends.

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed it. I have an Instagram for kitties (which I haven't posted on in a few days due to not having much since I can't walk well) and follow other car and dog and horses. No drama for me.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I only have a FB account because of a few long distance friends who still use it as their means of communication of choice. I was happy not to have to deal with it, for once.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The app was still "working" for me, but then I noticed it wasn't updating. So I probably scrolled through that a couple times without noticing it was the same, lol. And tried maybe 3 or 4 times to get the website to load. I thought it was my phone/connection, but other sites were loading so I googled it and found out it was an outage. I don't spend that much time on Facebook so it wasn't much of a hardship, I just looked at other sites.

I did NOT resort to Twitter. My phone/connection and Twitter don't like each other much, so I've never learned to use it properly; I just look at individual tweets when they come to my attention some other way.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I only noticed there was an outage when I sent a chat message to my husband as he was out playing basketball, instructing him to buy laundry fabric conditioner after he is done. Instead, he went home with a pile of dirty laundry. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nope, can't say I missed it at all. I don't do social media. I'm far more concerned by the effect Instagram has on teenager's mental health and the way Facebook allows conspiracy theories to spread or sells users' private data.

But that's just me.

:)