(The Forgotten) Question of the Day - Thursday October 12, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized that I completely forgot to post a question yesterday. :doh:

What is something good that has happened to you lately?

I was offered a part-time seasonal job at a museum, so in addition to my full-time job, I'll be working another 15-20 hours until January. I'm planning on buying a new (used) car in December because I realized that I can actually afford something right now (I was originally going to wait 2 years when my student loans are forgiven), so the extra couple of thousand dollars will help with lowering the loan I'll have to take out (I'm hoping I'll only have to take out $6,000 with the trade-in value of my current car).

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 --congratulations on the new job. Sounds like you've got a good plan in place.

I had a very nice 'staycation' this week. We'd planned to be out of town for a few days to visit a friend. We ended up having to postpone so I had a few relaxing days at home with no obligations or appointments since I'd cleared my calendar for the trip. When does that ever happen? :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a relaxing day today. Got a yummy vanilla cappuccino made with soy milk at Tim Hortons. I never had it made with soy before. Also mom's roommate bought me a burrito for lunch & brought me home a ghost pepper to put on it. Then she made me spaghetti for dinner. It was a pretty good day!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few things! Mum and I both had to see our doctors for different things - her for a mystery skin growth, me for three months of post-viral cough. Everything was fine for both of us; Mum's growth is one of those keratosis things, no need for concern at all, and a CT scan showed my lungs are fine and Symbicort has killed that stupid cough.

Another nice (if expensive!) thing was finally finding new lounge chairs that are far more comfortable than the rotten things we have now. Plus I'm getting them made in red, so they'll brighten the room. I'm counting the weeks till they arrive.

And I've found tweed yarn and a lovely pattern to make a cable cardigan - another expensive, but nice, thing. 😄

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep waking up each morning by the Grace of God... truly ,I'm so Grateful to have a new day,meet new people here on TCS and feel the LOVE

Also,I was surprisingly Blessed very recently and it enabled me to Bless someone else -its the many wonderul little things thst make up for the tough stuff!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was able to get a good blood pressure reading IN THE DOCTORS OFFICE. :woohoo:

I can get good readings at home and I bring in lists to show her; but it seemed like the longer I had trouble there, the worse it got until it became a “thing” I dreaded everywhere. Its been several years since I could show anyone a good reading. It was such a relief to be able to do that.

My bloodwork was excellent too.:jive: