The face of hoarding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimkats000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took him to the vet before I brought him home. He was given the all clear. "Love,feed, love, feed. He will be fine."

I wish I had a camera when I showed him his blanket. All clean and fluffy. He rubbed his head all over it and rolled over and over just soaking it all in. PURRRRRRRRRRRRRing the whole time!

He is SMART! He seems to know when a can if for him and when it is for us. Could be that he got his first! Feed the kitty THEN feed us. LOL

Kim

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for helping Handsome!!!
And for trying to help his former owner... does she have any family that could help?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Handsome is a much more fitting name. Since the vet found nothing wrong and he's eating well he will recover quickly and he will be a handsome Maine
Coone. That's a really sad situation with her former owner. She is obviously mentally ill, hopefully she can get into a situation where someone will be keeping an eye on her and she won't get anymore pets.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kimkats000

It turns out this is the 3rd time we KNOW of that this has happened to her! This was the worse as she lived in an apartment with shared walls. The other times she was able to still take care of CAT.

The other two times were in stand alone houses. One a rental the other she was buying. Come to find out she does not pay her bills as she cannot find them or her check book or reading glasses. She was without water for 2 months this time. It was the bills not being paid that tipped off the authorities the last two times. This time it was the neighbors complaining about the smell.

One condition of her release was that she went to live with her sister in Kansas OR move into a residential home. She has instead moved in to an extended stay motel. I have called the authorities to let them know her whereabouts as she is a danger to herself because she is diabetic and will not wear her glasses when she drives.

I have offered to take her to where ever she needs to go. She REFUSES any and all help and is very ugly about it. "All I need from you is for CAT to live with you." She then pushed me out the door and slammed it shut. She is now refusing to answer the phone when I call. I have given my name and numbers to everyone I can think of as a contact that cares and will help if at all possible.

Until then I know I have made one life better by being here. CAT is loved, cared for, on his way to being healthy.

We are putting out all of the kibble he will eat and give him half a can of wet food twice a day. He is eating and going potty great! His tail is at full mast now and he is trotting around the house like a happy cat! (Hissy is this a good plan???)

His new name is HANDSOME !!! We both found our self talking to him and saying "well hello there Handsome" and such so..............

Thanks for all that responded. I will keep a weight log and update weekly.

HUGS to all!

Kim
Wow, what a sad story. How old is she? If she has been like this for years, it makes me wonder how she was able to function in a job.

Congrats on HANDSOME! He is in good hands.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kimkats000

I wish I had a camera when I showed him his blanket. All clean and fluffy. He rubbed his head all over it and rolled over and over just soaking it all in. PURRRRRRRRRRRRRing the whole time!

Kim
This made me weep. Bless you for taking him in.
And, it's an amazing thing that this woman knows where her cat will be well cared for. I hope she finds the help she needs.