The Big Daddy

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats enjoy toys that are extra big, especially my kitten. I put an old t shirt in a soccer sock with some cat nip, tied it off in the middle, and my cats both went bananas for it. I have also sewed them something that was about the same dimensions as that big daddy and they loved it. For $17 retail, I would definitely buy the fabric and spend an afternoon sewing something that will look and act the exact same. Plus, I was able to sew a thick piece of fabric into the back to act as a tail like you see on a lot of those kicker toys. My cats love them. By the way, I'm a guy so literally anyone else on this site could sew one in half the time and probably at twice the quality, which from my calculations would make it indestructible.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a similar one in a pet store. It's 10" x 12" made of a cotton material with a layer of batting inside and has a zipper on one side.

To be honest it has not gotten the use that I had expected even thought I've refreshed the catnip a couple of times.

Chester did kick it around a little bit when it was new but did't get that excited about it.

These days it just sits on the floor near my desk. When he comes in looking for treats I drop them on the mat.

Other cats seem to like them. In my house it's just a way to keep treats off the carpet.