Thanksgiving Predicament

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talked to my MIL ... apparently FIL told the neighbor Sunday that we'd go over there after she kept telling them we should, he said "okay!"
When he told MIL, she told him "heck no, we are going to Tara's house unless she's changed her plans! Do you think before you answer people?"
So her and I both agreed with the "we'll go over for dessert" plan, confirmed with the husband's who cant say no, (I swear, rob is a carbon copy of his dad ... so much so that they even have the same name
) though we also figure there's going to be so many people they might not even realize we didn't come for dinner and if they mention it, we'll just tell them we had aforementioned plans.

I feel better now about it, everyone is on the same page. Apparently the guys ended up on a different page than the women. Not too surprising

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! Good for you! I kind of know where your husband is coming from. I have put myself in uncomfortable situations because I don't like conflict. Hate it. I may be the most non-competitive person ever. I've learned to not let myself be walked on; but it's not my first instinct. With that being said; it's definitely not rude of you to let them know you have prior plans. If they are going to have so many people there that they might not even miss you; all the more reason to be ok with not going for the whole deal. But it's nice to join them for dessert too.