Thank you TCS :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I thought our piles were bad - this is almost unbelievable! Grand Forks I'm assuming is near the Red River in ND - and that's not good - they got flooded out a few years ago really bad - if this is coming down I'm sure it will hit Red River and Fargo/Moorehead in a horrible way.

Our cat show in Fargo is first weekend in April and I PRAY this doesn't start flooding Red River till after the show!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen anything like those pix Linda posted - not even in all the years I lived in Wisconsin! Geez!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whoever is in control of the weather has been doing some cool things lately. Here thunder lightning and snow the other night.

Went to Vermont today and it was snowing really hard, like a blizzard, but drive down the street, and it was bright and sunny!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie_ca that's a lot of snow! Wish I had that when I was a child, I'd have loved it!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That snow in Grand Forks is unbelievable!!!! It's snowing here right now, but no way can I complain after seeing those photos.

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness! i dont think i could tolerate that much snow haha. i hate missouri weather though. 70 last week and now back to more snow this week i think theyre saying. doesnt make any sense at all! mother nature needs to make up her mind and pick a season already haha

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

And I thought our piles were bad - this is almost unbelievable! Grand Forks I'm assuming is near the Red River in ND - and that's not good - they got flooded out a few years ago really bad - if this is coming down I'm sure it will hit Red River and Fargo/Moorehead in a horrible way.

Our cat show in Fargo is first weekend in April and I PRAY this doesn't start flooding Red River till after the show!
Yes, Grand Forks is on the Red River, 3 hours south of where I live... at the fork of the Red River and Assiniboine River. When the Red River floods, it backs up down the Assiniboine, and I live 2 blocks from where they meet.

Here is an arial view of East Grand Forks from the 1997 flood. Their dikes failed, their city flooded and 3 blocks of buildings burned to the ground.

http://wn.com/Red_River_Flood_of_199...iews_of_Damage

Had it not been for our flood way which they opened to it's full capacity for the first time since it was built in 1968's (as a response to a serious flood in 1950), and an emergency dike that was built by the army and volunteers in a 2 or 3 day period, almost 1/2 of our city of 700,000 people would have looked like Grand Forks.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.c...odway-6062.jpg

Scroll down a bit at this link, and you can see an arial view of the flood. It shows a normally 200 metre wide river, at more than 40 km wide during the flood.

http://www.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca/resource/tutor/fundam/chapter5/13_e.php

They say that with all of the snow that we've gotten, and what is coming at us from the USA, the flooding will be as bad if nor worse, than 14 years ago.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Natalie_ca that's a lot of snow! Wish I had that when I was a child, I'd have loved it!
Yeah! Me too! We had some serious snow falls when I was a kid, we usually do, but as a child you don't really pay attention to the bad part of all of that snow!

I remember as a kid literally being able to walk up a snow drift with my toboggan, and slide down from the roof top of our house. It was fun, but as an adult, I know my parents must have been freaking out about the snow levels.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those weathermen lied - here I was hoping for a snowday w/ the 8 - 12" they were predicting. They changed their minds. Maybe 6".