Tetralogy of Fallot

MultiCatJu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody,

This is my beautiful and gorgeous Princess-Queen, IsaBella, who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot, Radial Hypoplasia and Pectus Escavatum. Her Cardiologist, after doing an echocardiogram, gave her only 1 year to live, and no more than 1.5 years maximum to live. She's been with me now for 6 years and doing really well, other than the exercise intolerance which makes it very difficult for her to breathe, but she loves to play. She will play hard for about 10 seconds and then lay on her side to do her recover breathing. I sing her a certain song each time that she seems to like because she wags her tail a little bit when I do, even though my voice sucks, lol. She was found alone in a field, either abandoned by her mom or thrown out there becuase of her multiple conditions, unable to defend herself which just breaks my heart thinking about. She takes compounded Sildenafil twice a day for the Tetralogy of Fallot.

I'm hoping there are others here here that will share their experiences with their beloved babies with Tetralogy of Fallot ("TOF"). IsaBella is my dream daughter and I love her to the ends of the Earth.

The picture isn't the best because it's a phone photo with a lot of sun coming in behind her, but it best shows her other conditions.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Ii is wonderful that Isabella has long outlived the vets' predictions!

I did a search on this site - as you have also probably done - and found very little, primarily one post from many, many years ago - with the OP no longer active.

Have you joined this FB group? Cats and dogs with Tetralogy of Fallot | Facebook. I only ask because they will likely have much more to share than a possible few that might be on this site. It doesn't look to be a big group, but it is active with new posts just today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MultiCatJu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Actually I did recently join that site and recently posted IsaBella there as well. There are 2 Facebook sites that I found, but neither is very active. Thank you for directing me! Do you have a cat with Tetralogy of Fallot? <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MultiCatJu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Thank goodness IsaBella is doing well. It will be difficult if she ends up needing a stent put in at some point if her TOF worsens. Thanks for your encouragement and kind words! <3