Temptations Cat Treats/ Impact on Heartrate?

BevLovesKitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been given Temptatikns cat treats for years now. This past year she started developing a very rapid heart rate and the vet is trying 3 meds to get that down to the normal range. I'm wondering if it's due to the Temptations cat treats.
Has abut in e had those same symptoms from giving your kitties Tenptations?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby (17+ yo) has been eating Temptations treats (about 8 a day) for over a decade. Although she recently started to have heavy breathing sessions at various times of the day, the only thing the vets found was a leaky heart valve which doesn't require treatment. They said it could be asthma, but she has no other symptoms (e.g. coughing).

If your cat is older, odds are any heart issue is age related as opposed to something caused by the Temptations. You can always search reviews for Temptations on the internet and see if you find a pattern of heart related issues, but I would suspect you won't.

Have the vets run an echocardiogram on her? If not, you might ask them about doing so to see if the results might shed some light on what is causing her rapid heart rate. I hope the vets get her heart rate under control soon!