Talking about Turkey...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since turkey was brought up, which part of the bird do you like most, light or dark meat. I love the dark meat on all poultry. What about you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I like dark meat.
Yeah, the white meat is so dry and you need a lot of gravy. The dark is just delish and juicy. I don't care how you cook it, white meat = dry meat and it doesn't have much of a flavor unless, like I said you use lots of gravy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the light meat is tasteless. Give me a leg and maybe a thigh and I'm happy :-)))

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
White/light meat! Every now and then I like a good drumstick; but mostly they seem to greasy. I think it depends on the texture. I think the white meat makes the best leftover sandwiches too! When I was a kid my Gram would give me some pieces of meat and a dab of mayo and I'd dip it. Didn't even need the bread.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer the white meat --- of course with lots of gravy. Leftover white meat is great for sandwiches with mayo!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White meat. I can't stand the dark stuff. Tastes weird to me

My turkey last Thanksgiving was juicy and delicious throughout!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My step-dad makes a mean turkey. I've found using the baking bags or one of those special roasters keeps them nice and juicy!! My Mom and Step-dad got the roaster thing last year and it was great. They actually did the turkey at their house and carved it up and put it in a crock pot with the juices to bring to my house...fabulous!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Yeah, the white meat is so dry and you need a lot of gravy. The dark is just delish and juicy. I don't care how you cook it, white meat = dry meat and it doesn't have much of a flavor unless, like I said you use lots of gravy.
The turkey my MIL makes is not dry at all, not sure what she does to it. When my husband makes turkey, he puts butter under the skin and it makes the white meat juicy and good.

I prefer dark meat though. It's got more flavour.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

you haven't tasted my white meat. Mine is sooo yummy and juicy. Of course I love the white meat.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fan of the dark meat. The rest of the family prefers white meat so more drk meat for me. YUM!