Syringe problems

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I've a question. I have twocards that get regular meds that were liquid. One gets cbd twice a day, my other gets chemo once a week. I get these settin syringes that're clearly labeled that help measure the dosage. At first. But simply rinsing them or putting it down into the liquid, it wipes off or fades!
Does anyone know where to find ones that ones don't do this. They become completely useless. And I have tried Sharpies. Comes off too.:(

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the idea, but won't it fall off if even lightly washed or in liquid meds?
If it withstands, sounds like a really good thing. Chemo and cbd isn't something I want to guesstimate at measuring.😄
Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The stickers will hold up just fine with a quick rinse or if inserted into liquid meds. Syringes are cheap anyways so ask the vet for a few extra 1 ml oral syringes or just buy a box online. Here's an Amazon listing: https://www.amazon.com/1ml-Syringe-Individually-Medicine-Administration/dp/B07GX4RJF3/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=1+ml+oral+syringe&qid=1653328041&sprefix=1+ml+oral+%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-3

I would toss the syringes without the markings once you have new ones to use.

It may help to have a picture of the 1ml syringe markings as reference:

I would not try to guess where the line markings might be on the syringes that have no markings. It's far too easy to measure too much medicine which can cause a reaction.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought 100 pack of amazon years ago since we always needed them for the ferret meds, easier to buy in bulk when you need them often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need them forever. And I definitely wouldn't try to guess. Thank you everyone.💗