Swollen lip

Vanelopevonshweetz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got home from work today and just noticed my cats lower lip is swollen, does anyone know what would cause it?
6340C2CC-E1AE-4818-96EC-0E4FC1D3368D.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does your cat normally have a black lip? That is the only thing that I am unsure when looking at your pic.

The most common condition is what is known as an indolent ulcer (eosinophilic granuloma) and can be caused by using plastic or porous material dishes/bowls for food and water. No matter how much you clean these bowls, they still absorb bacteria. Best to switch to stainless steel or ceramic/porcelain, and still clean them often. If this is not the case with your cat, maybe you can find some additional information in this article.
What to Know About Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex in Cats (webmd.com)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vanelopevonshweetz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does your cat normally have a black lip? That is the only thing that I am unsure when looking at your pic.

The most common condition is what is known as an indolent ulcer (eosinophilic granuloma) and can be caused by using plastic or porous material dishes/bowls for food and water. No matter how much you clean these bowls, they still absorb bacteria. Best to switch to stainless steel or ceramic/porcelain, and still clean them often. If this is not the case with your cat, maybe you can find some additional information in this article.
What to Know About Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex in Cats (webmd.com)
Had her vet appointment today, they said it looks like it’s fine and to keep an eye on it, said its probably a pimple