Swollen belly?

haru__a01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat's belly has been looking off lately. he hasn't been vomiting, and his eating habits did not change too much. he still eats a reasonable amount of food. he's hydrated aswel, and his bowel habits aren't too out of the ordinary but these last few days it does feel like he's pooping less. i tried touching his belly and it feels firm, but he doesn't seem to feel any kind of pain or discomfort at all. the only thing that noticeably changed are his energy levels. he's always been more of a couch potato, but he still liked to play, and now he doesnt want to play with me at all. i took him for a walk yesterday and he did play and run around.

it looks like nothing is wrong and that there is something wrong at the same time. is this a cause for concern so far?

He's around 8 months old, a male, and got neutered in early july. i changed his diet to give him appropriate food for a neutered cat but other than that, no diet changes
VideoCapture_20230907-091001.jpg
VideoCapture_20230907-090954.jpg
VideoCapture_20230907-090950.jpg
VideoCapture_20230907-090930.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Twinkster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would bring him to the vet just to get a examination. i wonder if he ate something he can't digest.
I know when I got our cat last year and we found out she had FIP, one type is Wet Fip which they get a swollen belly, symptoms also are decreased energy. I don't know to much about it as our kitten had Neurological/dry FIP. We treated her for 6 months and she is cured now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

haru__a01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would bring him to the vet just to get a examination. i wonder if he ate something he can't digest.
I know when I got our cat last year and we found out she had FIP, one type is Wet Fip which they get a swollen belly, symptoms also are decreased energy. I don't know to much about it as our kitten had Neurological/dry FIP. We treated her for 6 months and she is cured now.
i tried playing with him and he did! so it seems like he was just bored with our old method of play, he still has the energy to play. i will try to get him to the vet whenever i can. thank you