Switching diets …?

harris415

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone!! hope all holidays were well spent and everyone has a safe new year :)! so when i first got my boy , my brother actually got my cats brother , and his girlfriends friend who is a vet (sry if that’s confusing not terribly important tbh) had recommended to her that she uses H*lls science diet and science that was a friend and someone who apparently specializes in cats , i figured if thats what she’s saying is the best to give , that’s what i want to give my boy! i’ve done more research as of late , and im hearing it is most definitely not the best and that i should be doing so much better for him. he is however a picky little brat (that i love with all my heart lol). anyways long story short , he gets wet food and dry food , he drinks plenty of water and we do eventually want to do just wet since that’s also apparently best , but how does everyone feel about tiki cat dry food ? i haven’t heard too much about it out there and just really wanted some feedback!

and if anyone has any recommendations for wet foods! he’s a chicken lover , and we kind of like the tiki cat chicken and pork after dark , but he’s not soo crazy about all the broth? idk he’s a weirdo but any recs would be great!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I like Halo, Chicken Soup for the Soul--this has fairly low calories, and Blue for kibble. You could compare Tiki's kibble ingredients to these and see what you think :)
For wet I use a rotation of Merrick Backcountry, Tiki Cat, Weruva, Fancy Feast pate, Forza10, Kasiks, Koha and Mouser.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harris415

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I like Halo, Chicken Soup for the Soul--this has fairly low calories, and Blue for kibble. You could compare Tiki's kibble ingredients to these and see what you think :)
For wet I use a rotation of Merrick Backcountry, Tiki Cat, Weruva, Fancy Feast pate, Forza10, Kasiks, Koha and Mouser.
thank you so so much for the reply !!!! i’ll look into these! i feel like so much of the time im just told about tiki cat and wanted to see if there were others out there that met the standards !!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One other thing handy about doing a rotation of different brands is that once you find ones that you and your cat like, it can be a little easier on the budget.