Suture part still showing

austinmas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was spayed on 1/31 so its been 16 days so far. The wound seems to have healed but there is this part still left. The vet says to just monitor it for a couple more days. It's a long drive to the vet so I am thinking is it worth it to even take her there for in person inspection. I read some old posts where people have just snipped it out themselves. If it indeed needs an emergency trip to the vet I would take her.
We made the cat wear a surgical suit after surgery and today is the first day we took it off completely so she has started cleaning this surgery site.
Would like to get some advice. thanks.

Capture.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always advise people that if they are concerned about their kitty, they should trust their instincts and have a vet check. I understand the drive is a long one. Can you text or email this photo to them? The main incision looks pretty clean but it also bulges a bit. That one spot does not look like a suture to me. I would not snip anything myself! I assume she is scheduled for a check at some point after this surgery. I think it’s worth moving the recheck up. If nothing else, you need to be sure and put your own worries behind you. Please don’t snip anything yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

austinmas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she removed it. It looks like this now. there is slight bleeding. I showed her to a different vet nearby about a week ago who said overall the site is ok.

Capture.JPG

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think it's fine, Just keep an eye on it now that it's out (as I'm sure you are) and make sure it doesn't appear to get worse rather than disappear.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah it’s fine. It’s just a bit reddish, maybe becaude she licked it but it’ll get better in a few more days. Then you just wait for the fur to grow back and cover it up!