Super Moon, Blood Moon! Wed., May 26,2021 early a.m.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to bed early, and my alarm went off about 15 minutes ago; it begins in a half hour here in Colorado. I'm going to take my walker (which has a seat - most portable seat in the house) and my really good binoculars outside and watch. There's just time for me to make a snack first...

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's total now, and in the Denver area the moon is low enough in the sky that a bank of low lying clouds have completely obscured it -- the blood moon effect is not visible. Plus, it's getting close to sunrise; the dawn chorus is beginning.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret I am seeing my last glimpse of it now - it is setting behind the Sierra range. It felt good to know that you and I were watching together. It was neat to see the eclipsing moon adjacent to the Milky Way, especially since my granddaughter-in-law's little orange cat, Zippy, walks the Night Sky Trail tonight. Have an awesome day in Colorado!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The moon was bright last night when I went to bed; but I didn't get up to look this morning. I'll have to ask DH if he noticed it. He might have been more concerned with getting ready for work than looking at the moon here. :lol2: It was more overcast when I did get up so maybe it was obscured.