Super Irritated.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I seem to have a sick mind, but I wonder if she wants a certain size kitten to feed to a snake?
Generally, if the adoption fee is over $10 this isn't a problem, rats are cheap. Even without a contract I don't know why the lady would go through the trouble of trying to get a 1-pound kitten, with a contract and all, when she could get a rat that size from a pet store, no questions asked.

Some people just want to bottle-feed a baby animal and don't realize what kind of situation that creates for kittens. Honestly I'm not sure why anyone wants to do that anyway; it's a real pain! Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Generally, if the adoption fee is over $10 this isn't a problem, rats are cheap. Even without a contract I don't know why the lady would go through the trouble of trying to get a 1-pound kitten, with a contract and all, when she could get a rat that size from a pet store, no questions asked.

Some people just want to bottle-feed a baby animal and don't realize what kind of situation that creates for kittens. Honestly I'm not sure why anyone wants to do that anyway; it's a real pain! Lol
Yeah our adoption fee is usually about 30 dollars unless the kitten needed more intensive medical attention then we adjust our fees a little to offset. But she was just crazy.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dude I didnt think id have anything to add to this. So someone let it slip to crazy the babies were born. So. She's left her number with 4 co-workers and come in almost every day this week.
Luckily I have missed her I've been on break or lunch.
She still wants a cat even when I've told her no.
I've messaged her again and told her they all have homes i got no kittens for her.
She wont quit.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does this women work with you? If she does not and you have building security or visitors have to sign in then someone needs let them know she is no longer allowed to visit. If this person works there then this may need to be escalated to HR. This behavior reminds me of some guy that started stalking me back when I was in college. This woman's behavior is escalating in a bad way. Is the co-worker who put this person in touch with you aware of her behavior? If not she needs to be told. If she is friends with this person then she really needs to tell this woman to back off and stay away from people. If this behavior does not stop soon I would contact the police and file a report at least. This woman does not have the right to be trying to stalk you at work. If you have a good work relationship with your supervisor you may want to make them aware of the situation. I am concerned that this woman is not going to back off unless she is forced to by either someone in your company or the police. Stalking behavior does not always mean that the person has to be violent. The guy in college would just not give up when I broke up with him. He was never violent or made threats towards me but he would not stop following me around. He finally gave up when my friends banded together with me and made sure he could never catch me alone. I had a class this jerk was in and I went to my professor and was allowed to have a friend attend class with me until the guy left me alone. I would make sure you are never alone with this person if she does show up when you are not on break. If you have co-workers you friends at work please let them know what is going on so you have someone watching your back.

If you have contacts at other rescues or shelters in the area then I would also let them know what is happening so she does not do this to anyone else.

Last edited:

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I work at walmart she cab come and go as she pleases i told everyone that if she asks im not here even if i am. But theres so many cashiers they all wont remeber. I told a lot of people who work at our local rescues i know a few girls at my vets office volunteer and they are spreading word too.
Shes an old woman who cant even walk right she's not going to hurt me. I can out walk her quickly.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad it sounds like you have things under control. I work retail too so I know what you mean. It is good to know that you can easily walk away from this women. I doubt corporate would allow your managers to ban her. I know that would not happen where I work either. It sucks that you have to put up with her behavior at all though.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's something about kitten season - and bottle kittens in particular - that seems to make some people go crazy, stop making good decisions, and stop putting the kitten's needs first. It sounds like this lady has kitten fever, and is more enthralled by the idea of a kitten than ready to actually take responsibility for its care.

I think you're right to tell her no, and to hold the line on that answer.