Sunday's Question of the Day - Apr 12, 2015

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Sunday, cat peoples.

What are your cats' birthdays and/or gotcha days?

We don't know when Mo was born, he was picked up as a stray kitten. His gotcha day (according to the faded old shelter papers) is apparently the same day as my birthday - December 17th, 2004.

Kismet was born March 21, 2013, and her gotcha day was March 27, 2014. So her belated birthday gift was a forever home.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Felix - Rescued mid-2003ish? He's about fifteen now.

Bear - Rescued at the end of October 2014. He'll be fourteen anytime now...?

Morgenne - Born sometime at the end of March 2002

May - Born sometime at the end of May 2002

Nia Maura - Born 9 September 2004

Ramona - Born 9 September 2004

Sylvia Rose - Born sometime at the beginning of September 2010

Dinah - Born sometime in the summer, 2011

Susan - Born sometime in the summer, 2011

Thoby - Born sometime in the autumn, 2011

April -  Age unknown. Picked up by Animal Control sometime in 2013. Anyone want an unpredictably aggressive cat? (kidding...)

Montgomery - Born 21 March 2012

Dusty Springfield - Born sometime in the spring, 2012

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
September 13th, 2013. He arrived at the shelter Aug 6th, 2013, with very little history, so we don't know when he was born.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli was born on or around June 1, 2012. I don't trust shelter records when the date given is the first, fifteenth or thirtieth/thirty-first of a month - that usually means an approximation. He was adopted March 9, 2013.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bailey (Border Collie) will be 13 on 7/26/15

Lilith and Sophie's gotcha day is 2/12/14- they were former strays so no one knows their real birthday(s). It's possible that Lilith is Sophie's mother and sister.

Henry's gotcha days is 1/12/15- I know he's 8 but no one knows his real birthday, either.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Bailey (Border Collie) will be 13 on 7/26/15

Lilith and Sophie's gotcha day is 2/12/14- they were former strays so no one knows their real birthday(s). It's possible that Lilith is Sophie's mother and sister.

Henry's gotcha days is 1/12/15- I know he's 8 but no one knows his real birthday, either.
Got some hillbilly cats huh?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Got some hillbilly cats huh?
LOL. possibly. They were rescued from an abandoned house in town with about 20 others. More than likely a BYB who got evicted and "kindly" left all the cats behind. The vet at the Humane Society said Lilith has had a litter of kittens and since Sophie is thought to be younger, anything is possible. Sophie had an incident on the cat tree that made me suspect even more that Lily is her mom. She got an elastic cord from one of the toys that hang from the tree wrapped around her paw and couldn't get loose. She started to get very upset. Lilith was on the platform next to her and she started getting upset, too. I was in the room and heard Lilith hissing. I thought she was starting a fight so I went over there. Lilith had her back arched with fur standing up. She was about to go to war with Sophie's "attacker". I cut the cord and Sophie ran off to hide. As soon as the cord was cut, Lilith calmed down and ran after Sophie to comfort her. Mother's instincts?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We know Casper's birthday is May 3rd, nearly 14 years ago.  We got him from a close friend who needed to re-home him and we were able to get his original vet records. 

Cocoa is a rescue, some time early in November of 2012.  We adopted her about 6 weeks later on December 22nd, 2012 - so that's her Gotcha Day for us.  We don't know how old she really is - the vet guesstimates around 5 years old give or take.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Autumn was born approximately June 6th 2006.  This was the first date shown on her adoption papers for shots so I go by this date. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Purdy & Pudge - born April 2003 ( Rescued, so unsure of exact date )

Theo - March 10th 2007

Marley - May 15th 2009

Cairo - Novermber 1st 2011

Maddie - December 1st 2011

Zeus, Zia & Fleur - January 31st 2013

Winston & Minxy - April 24th 2014

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know Mourek's birthday is July 11, 2010, and his "gotcha day" is sometime in mid September of the same year.

Mici's exact birthday is uncertain but I know it's sometime in October of 2003, and her "gotcha day" is sometime in mid December of the same year.

Matti (RIP angel) was Mici's sister so her birthday and "gotcha day" are the same as Mici's..

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie, Feb 6, 2004  is his birthday!  That is from his original adoption record from the humane society......The last owner had to surrender him. She was so nice that she gave his adoption record and such with him.....

On March 8, 2012; I adopted him!!     and it has been love ever since

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisky came to me the end of may/beginning June aged about 8 months. I've put his birthday in December.
Blighty came in august aged 2 months so his birthday is June.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
BooBoo and Ms. Pepe turned 19 on February 13 -- they were born in a clothes basket in our bedroom, two of five kittens

Amber Louise will turn 14 on November 1 -- that's actually her Gotcha Day

Mollipop became 5 years old on February 8 -- that's her actual birthday. She came home to us from the vet's office where she and her 4 siblings were born.

Tabby will be 4 years old sometime right around the end of May, beginning of June -- her official Gotcha Day is July 3 (that's the night that I told Dear Richard that I had found an absolutely perfect home for her. Ours. And World War III erupted right in the car (we were on our way home from being with my sister's family). Rick said that night that "If one more cat comes in the front door, I'm going out the back door". And he was serious. Now, of course, Rick says all the time that he  was the one who wanted her to stay right here all along. With the ear mites and the resultant massive ear infections we dealt with, she was a very expensive kitten, especially considering she was a little stray baby.

Muffin's official Gotcha Day is September 21 (or 22, I can't remember right now); she was originally my mother's cat and when mom had to be admitted into a nursing home, Muffin came to live with us. She will be five years old. And when I talked to Rick about bringing her home (that was after the episode with Tabby), he looked at me and said, "What else can we do? Bring her home. We'll manage. But try to find her a good home." And she's been here ever since.

Last edited: