Suggestions on daily vitamins for FIV+ cat since getting bad vet recommendations

Sleepless in Texas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

There's a reason why I am asking here instead of my vet. At first, I asked him his suggestions for vitamins for my FIV+ cat and he said Taurine, Arganine and another one I can't remember. But he gave me a bottle of vitamins which had corn syrup as the number 1 ingredient! Even I know that is bad for cats. So now I feel I can't trust anything he says. Either he is not used to FIV cats or has no experience or has no knowledge at all. He is just selling what he has in his inventory!

My cat is FIV+ and I have read in multiple threads here that 4life transfer factor works wonders. I called their customer service and it seems they have stopped selling the feline version after I read all the ingredients which would be perfect for my cat. I have also read some of you giving your cat the human version but there is no list of ingredients, just a proprietary notation is all I ever see on the labels. My question is, what do you give your cats?

I would rather ask for your opinions who have experience dealing with these things than go to a vet who has no knowledge or experience dealing with this issue.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions/opinions.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have leukemia and were given only days to live they were so sick. I started them on DMG, an immune system supplement, and LifeGold, a cancer supplement, (both found at Amazon and Walmart online)and they are still with me three years later! My one cat's white blood cell count was 'almost nonexistent and the vet didn't understand how he was staying alive. The longer they live, the more I am sure it is due to the DMG. You might research it. Since starting them on it, one cat has gotten sick one time, and it was very mild compared to how sick they were getting. Of course, another important step was making them strictly indoor cats too, there are just too many illnesses out there, and your cat, like mine, is susceptible to all of them because of a compromised immune system. All the luck!

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is amazing and so great to hear…after a few bad experiences with vets I have lost trust in a lot of them. I lost two cats because the vet wasn’t fully educated with the treatment/diagnosis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sleepless in Texas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats have leukemia and were given only days to live they were so sick. I started them on DMG, an immune system supplement, and LifeGold, a cancer supplement, (both found at Amazon and Walmart online)and they are still with me three years later! My one cat's white blood cell count was 'almost nonexistent and the vet didn't understand how he was staying alive. The longer they live, the more I am sure it is due to the DMG. You might research it. Since starting them on it, one cat has gotten sick one time, and it was very mild compared to how sick they were getting. Of course, another important step was making them strictly indoor cats too, there are just too many illnesses out there, and your cat, like mine, is susceptible to all of them because of a compromised immune system. All the luck!
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. That is awesome that they responded so well to the medication you gave. I will indeed look them up. Thank you once again and more power to you and your cats.