Sudden Biting

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay I've had my Mignon his entire life from the time his Mama dropped him at my feet when he was just a week old nearly 3 years ago now and was the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes and i nursed him threw an illness the vet didnt think he;s survive at 8 weeks with KMR and watter every 4-6 hrs. now he's a wonderfull boy and usually well behaved whos unnutered currently because previous health weight and money issues but anyway He loves looking out the screen door This time of year and this evening I had had the door open for a few hours and he was looking out talking to the nebighorood cats when i came over to check on the pizza i ordered to see if the delivery guy was here yet anyway i rubbed his head and ears then Turned to go back and cklal the pizza place as it had been longer then their estimate and he beagn blocking my way rubbing and Puring before vocalizing and bitting me on my legg har d enough to draw blood he;s never done so before (LOve nips once in a while or slightly firmer if he;s out of foood but never drawing blood) could one of the outdoor cats that roam my nebighorhood have caused him to become agressive like that he's due to be snipped next wed i'm wondering if that will help or is this an issue i need to talk to my vet about ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you Susanm9006 i'm also wondering if it could have to do with it being my time of the month as well because the minute i left the bathroom earlier he sprayed it.

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I doubt he is responding to your hormones. It's spring time....depending on your climate :D

Female cats will be in heat, male toms on the prowl yowling, fighting, spraying, etc. It is likely your boy is responding to that. So getting him neutered (check out low/zero-cost neuter options in your area if needed) will help with all.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It does sound like he's acting normal for a 3 year old un-neutered male cat. Hopefully once he's neutered and the hormones are out of his system, that unwanted behaviour will go away.

About him biting you, please keep an eye on any bites/scratches that break the skin, and seek medical advice if you see any sign of infection.

Cat Bites - What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know