Stuffy nose

CrystalD720

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new here and this is my first thread.. this is my baby Alice she's 8 years.. there's a couple things going on and I'm so happy I found this site so I can get input before spending a fortune going to the vet.. okay so the first thing is her is her right eye is a little runny I guess you could say.. it's not much and it's not yucky either, it's just a little wet spot.. you can't really tell in the picture though..and the second thing is when she's cuddled up by me she's a little wheezy.. like she's kinda stopped up.. she acts fine, she eats normal, she's not lethargic she still plays.. she doesn't have any other symptoms so I don't think it's FVR.. I also I have other cats and none of them have these issues.. I've tried to look it up but all results say either FVR or upper respiratory infection but again she only has these two issues.. advice is much appreciated
IMG_20221212_075114497_PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

CrystalD720

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I totally forgot but she's actually been vaccinated against cat herpes so I'm sure it's not that

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is allergies. Just keep an eye on her. Make sure it is not red or puffy. If so,she would need to see a vet. When my cat was a kitten she would get a minor cold occasionally like once a year

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be allergies as mentioned above, or it could be she has a little cold, just like we humans get. Or it still could be FVR, even though she has been vaccinated. Vaccinations are not a 100% guarantee, although they are helpful. But whatever it is, as long as she is acting normal, it probably doesn't need to be treated. If she stops eating, or starts having trouble breathing, that's obviously a problem. If her appetite starts to slow down, try heating up some stinky wet food. That usually helps. You can also put her in the bathroom that's full of steam from hot water running in the shower. (don't get her wet, just have her breath in the steam :wink: ) If her nose gets really plugged up, some people have used the same thing they use for babies when their noses get plugged up, gently using a rubber suction bulb.