Struggling with deworming kittens

Lord Kyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a relative whose have 2 male kittens. Both the kittens have worms since May. We tried 2 different methods of deworming but no results yet. The first method was to lessen foods and put apple cider vinegar in their water bowl. After that method, their poop become solid but they still poop outside their litter box. It led us to trying the second method. It is a pill to deworming a kitten. We did the second method on them and waited until the next morning. We expected poops and vomits but we see nothing at all. They keep pooping outside the box. I wonder if it’s okay and safe to try again on using pills so sooner instead of wait a month before using pills again? I wonder why they still poop outside the box even the litter are already cleaned with buried poop out of the box. The kittens are 16 weeks old now. I need your help since we can’t afford to take them to a vet. I need your knowledge to help them out. Please and thanks in advance.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How do you know they have worms?

What is the name of the worming pills you are using?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lord Kyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are worms in their poop. Plus, they still have fleas so I keep washing them to lessen fleas as I can.

About the medicine, I used “Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer”.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, tapeworms from ingesting fleas. It is safe to use the Bayer tapeworm tablets. Each kitten should each be given 1/2 of a tablet; then the other 1/2 a week to ten days later. The followup dose is due to the life cycle of the worms. The tablets are praziquantel, which is a very safe dewormer.

You should also put a tube of Advantage II for Kittens on the back of each kitten’s neck to kill fleas. Vacuum the house and wash bedding to get rid of flea eggs and larvae.

The whole thing can be repeated in 2 more weeks if you still have worms and fleas.

Lord Kyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah ok. I will try it again. Thanks.

Lord Kyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: one of them or both of them started to poop and vomit out of blue. We plans to give them their dose tomorrow night since tomorrow will be the 10th day since their first dose. I wonder if it’s really okay to give doses to them when the sometimes vomit out of blue?