Struggling To Adopt!

FlopsyFo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

I’m trying to adopt my first cat but I’m struggling!
I’ve applied to adopt cats on various charity rehoming websites but the rehoming centres are only open in the middle of the day, and apparently you have to book an appointment to meet the cat your application has been accepted for within a few days and they won’t reserve them for more than a couple of days.
We are vet professionals so work during practice hours, don’t often get time off at the same time!
We are just really frustrated and surprised that centres are so strict with timings, we can offer a good home at the end of the day! We were offered our perfect cat but can’t visit in the next few days so can’t have him :-(

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds really frustrating! My kitty was in a foster home, since the tnr I adopted her from doesn't have a building (and they need to socialize the cats) and when I mentioned I'm a teacher and couldn't just come whenever, I was offered a Saturday to come meet her.

Do you have any groups with foster homes near you? I think they can be more flexible with hours and stuff.