Stray To Household Royalty?

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been learning all about cats since Piper adopted me and I am fascinated by all of the variation. Piper is sweet, but not overly affectionate. She follows me around meowing at me when she wants food (which is almost always). When I'm monitoring her and my exuberant 4 year old daughter's interactions, we usually end up taking a lot of pictures and she's becoming more and more healthy looking from the malnourished, flea/tick infested pitiful creature that sought out my garage to get out of the cold. She still needs to gain some weight and could honestly use a really good grooming, but she's looking much better!

The first pictures are from when she first wormed her way inside:

These are from today:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing pictures of Piper, she is simply stunning!

This is my first picture of Olive, before our neighbor abandoned her:

And one outside:

I used to think she was kind of straggly and weird looking but now I think she’s lovely

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isn't it strange that torbies seem to have similar facial markings, a dark line down the nose and one side of the face darker than the other. Here is my TorbieView attachment 260329
Beautiful! I had no idea what a tortie was before Piper because she's my first cat, but I really love how similar, yet different they look!

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love seeing pictures of Piper, she is simply stunning!

This is my first picture of Olive, before our neighbor abandoned her:

And one outside:

I used to think she was kind of straggly and weird looking but now I think she’s lovely
I love Olive (and her name)! Like I mentioned, I had no idea what tortie was before Piper, but they are so striking and I love how much their coloring can vary!

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Piper is adorable :loveeyes:

Here’s a couple pics of the feral tortie who adopted me and left me a few kittens as well. I was able to make friends with her after two years. She’s still a temperamental tortie with no upbringing tho.

View attachment 260357
View attachment 260358
She's beautiful! She looks similar to Piper without all the extra hair! Piper is actually pretty laid back so far. She is recovering from giardia, so we will see if that changes, but she was clearly someone's inside cat at one time since she came in and claimed the place from day 1 and has never been skittish. Lol.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! She looks similar to Piper without all the extra hair! Piper is actually pretty laid back so far. She is recovering from giardia, so we will see if that changes, but she was clearly someone's inside cat at one time since she came in and claimed the place from day 1 and has never been skittish. Lol.
Mama Kitty is actually a long hair too. It was summer and she doesn't look it in the photos. Here's another.

E82ADE33-B532-48C1-AC29-F42D2AE98C80.jpeg

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Olive (and her name)! Like I mentioned, I had no idea what tortie was before Piper, but they are so striking and I love how much their coloring can vary!
Mixed with a tabby they produce some interesting marking with endless variety. This is one of Mama Kitty's kittens.

CuteFig2crop.jpg

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it strange that torbies seem to have similar facial markings, a dark line down the nose and one side of the face darker than the other. Here is my TorbieView attachment 260329
The faint brown stripes on the face are so interesting. Mama Kitty has some of those as well and they always fascinated me.